Great Snack - New Fiber One Chewy Oats and Chocolate or Oats & Peanut Butter

tlmjt
on 1/22/07 4:32 am - Seattle area, WA

My friend told me about these and I find them to be a great way to get your fiber in.  Had one for breakfast this morning after my latte.  They have a great taste - a lot like a chewy granola bar but with 9g fiber! Here are the breakdowns: Fiber One Oats and Chocolate 140 Cals 4 g Fat 1.5 g Sat Fat 90 mg sodium 29 g Carb 9 g Fiber 10 g Sugar 2 g protein Fiber One Oats and Peanut Butter 150 Cals 4.5 g Fat 2 g Sat Fat 105 mg sodium 28 g Carb 9 g Fiber 9 g Sugar 3 g protein

calgal
on 1/22/07 4:42 am - socal, CA
sally
Lynn C
on 1/22/07 5:06 am

These are also the tastiest "granola bars" on the market!! My favorite snack/breakfast item - its hard to believe they are good for you. Kashi can keep their cardboard bars - Fiber One for me!!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Jean B.
on 1/22/07 5:42 am - St. Paul, MN
Thanks, I'll have to check these out.  I've been craving someting chewy and could use the fiber!  Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Carolina Girl
on 1/22/07 5:49 am
So funny that this is posted today...  I went to "wally-World" today and was looking at all the different bars available to sample and try (over an hour looking and reading)....  Well I was so overwhelemed I didnt buy a single one.  They all seemed too high in carbs..  I wont be banded for a month or so, since I am recovering from Gallbaldder surgery, although I am trying to lose some before surgery. I am not sure what the right amount of carb intake will be after I am banded.  Any thoughts? Rachael
tlmjt
on 1/23/07 7:04 am - Seattle area, WA

Rachael

I use calorieking.com - there is a nominal fee (9.95/yr?) - and it allows me to not only track my calories but to have targets set for carbs, fat, protein etc.

I am not concerned at this point about limiting carbs - more often than not, I need to eat more to get to a healthy level of nutrients.

Tina

aimeeoutdoors
on 1/22/07 11:39 pm - Cohasset, MN
I bought these the other day after Bob Greene recommended them on the Oprah show.  I bought the oats and chocolate.  Awesome!!!  I don't usually like granola bars, and these truly are the best of the store brands.  I don't worry about carbs at this point after all the research disputing the low carb diet method.  Of course, don't overdo anything...moderation is key!!!

Aimee Martin

tlmjt
on 1/23/07 7:05 am - Seattle area, WA
aimee ... the peanut butter are great too!  It has mini peanut butter chips in them ... had one this am tina
Most Active