What do you do for fiber?

T-I-N-A
on 1/19/07 11:50 pm
I seem to be having trouble getting enough fiber into my diet.  Do any of you supplement?  If so, what do you prefer? Thanks!!

Start: 260 lbs size 24
Today:  142 lbs size 6

marlena7
on 1/19/07 11:55 pm
I know I'm not suppose to have my proteins in liquid form but.......................most morning for breakfast I have a protein shake and add a fiber cereal (Bran buds)to it.  I blend it and then drink it.  It is thick and filling.......the taste is not the best but it is not terrible either.  I'd love to know what others are doing.  I'm only 6 weeks out on Monday and really could not find away to get the adequate amount of fiber in otherwise.
Holly O.
on 1/20/07 12:03 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi!  I am almost 3 months out and my doc told me if I'm not getting enough fiber to go to Walmart and buy what they call "Flax Seeds".  It is a fine ground powder...it comes in a shiny gold package.  I simply add 1 tablespoon to my pudding or yogurt and it gives me the extra fiber I need to keep me regular.  It is tastless.......odorless.........and reasonably priced.  To boot it has Omega-3 and Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids, dietary fiber & lignans and is used as a dietary supplement.  I use it religously and have never had a problem with getting all my fiber in.  Hope this helps!!  -Holly

calgal
on 1/20/07 12:29 am, edited 1/20/07 12:37 am - socal, CA
holly, that really sounds good i am going to check it out... thanks, sally
T-I-N-A
on 1/20/07 12:16 am
Thank you!!!! I will definitely try the Flax Seeds that sounds like a winner!!!

Start: 260 lbs size 24
Today:  142 lbs size 6

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/07 12:20 am - Big Sky Country, ID
I probably do what others will tell you not to do, but it works for me.  I either mix Metamucil in orange juice or I take Ducolax....works for me.  You can also try  Benefiber which is sold over-the-counter and you can add to any meal without ever tasting it.  You just sprinkle it in your food...whatever you are making.  It is on the vitamin aisle at Walmart.  Hope this helps. Dee
lianna
on 1/20/07 12:32 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with
I love the flax seed!  I sprinkle it on yogurt, oatmeal, or a salad.... it is a little nutty tasting.  Sometimes I put some Metamucil in my morning protein drink if that is all I am having for breakfast.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/07 1:30 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
I use Benefiber if I'm not getting enough.  I do eat lots of salads and green veggies.  I also eat a bowl of cereal at night, Kashi bars for snack, etc.  I also (don't think I'm crazy) LOVE prune juice.  I love the stuff.  lol  So I'll have a glass of that a few times a week.  I like the kind with pulp in it.
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/07 2:37 am - Big Sky Country, ID
Bridge, have you tried the new "Plum Smart" by Sunsweet.  I like it much better than the prune juice, which I also don't mind....but this one is especially good. Dee
Michelle_h
on 1/20/07 2:35 am - seattle, WA
I eat low carb/high fiber tortillas a few times a week, or have higher fiber cereal in the morning. Like Bridget, I eat ALOT of kashi stuff, cereal, bars, snacks. I also eat alot of fruit and veggies! Haven't had any problems staying regular, so I must be doin okay!
We're having a girl! Naming her Zoë Elizabeth, and EDD is December 5th!
Most Active