ELLIS & WEAVER

CaydensNanny
on 4/9/05 6:01 am - Sweet Home, AL
Jefferson Daniel Ellis married Susan Jane Weaver on Jan. 26, 1859 b. June 21, 1824 AL. b. 1831-1832 Autauga d. May 29, 1879 d. May 1869
RhondaShoemaker
on 5/3/05 11:00 pm - Shelby Township, MI
You need to be more specific. What exactly are you looking for? A message like that will NOT get any bites.
CaydensNanny
on 5/4/05 1:12 am - Sweet Home, AL
I dont think anyone will get much of a bite in this forum. I have all my geneology from this union to present day, all Im looking for is anyone who has a connection to this Ellis/Weaver Family. The Weaver connection also includes the surname ROSS. I am STUMPED on finding the father , mother or any siblings of Jefferson Daniel Ellis. I have checked census records, which at the time of his birth did not list names just number of male and female children. I have no idea where to go from here other than I know his date of birth and I know it was in AL, county unsure as they seemd to move around frequently from census to census.I know when he married, Susan Jane as I have a copy of the marriage certificate but unfortunately it doesnt list any family info on him. I am also looking for his burial place and am hoping if I find it, I can get some kind of information from cemetary records but that too is a dead end at the moment. The last census he appears on do not list him in any cemetary records. He had small children at the time of his death, his wife had already died, the children were sent to another county to live with relatives and I have just about checked records in every county of this state. Susan's burial place is also a mystery. Her father was a minister, and there is a family cemetary but unfortunately neither she nor Jefferson are listed in this cemetary. To add to the confusion there is ONE other Jefferson Daniel Ellis born around the SAME time, which I can find all I want on him, and I am hoping, that someone may have a Jefferson Daniel Ellis listed as a sibling, that I might can connect to mine. It might give me a lead to at least know which county to look deeper into. I have siblings listed for other families I am working on and have found connections, on other forums, by just posting the name and birth/death dates. Unfortunately it has not worked on Jefferson, just yet. I have taken the 3 possible names of the men who lived in this state at the time of his birth per census records which indicate his age, checked them all out and Jefferson is not listed on the wills or estate information of these men. It doesnt mean one of these 3 men were not his father, just means he is not listed on any documents that I can find, just yet. The state archives does not bring up anything and this is just been the biggest brick wall. I have no idea where to look next
Ladywolf
on 7/20/05 5:39 am - Fremont, CA
My mother is a Weaver from Wyoming. Any possibilities there. I have more info on this if it sounds plausible. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Need to Find Military Info!!!!
puddin2day · 1 replies · 491 views
Hi, new here
RieRie · 1 replies · 640 views
Family History
Kaye C. · 0 replies · 365 views
Ancestry.com
Penny P. · 0 replies · 384 views