Watts~Hamilton~Reed in NC-TN

Kelle W
on 4/27/04 8:04 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey there, I've been banging my head against the wall trying to find out about my father's side of the family. They are from East TN, west NC area. My last name is Watts (duh) and my grandmother was a Hamilton. I believe it was her mother who was a Reed. The Hamiltons and Reeds are from the Johnson City, Elizabethton, TN area and the Watts were from Avery County, NC where Grandfather Mountain is. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Also if there are any experienced genealogist here who can offer advice on how to get started, I would certainly welcome it. I've got feelers out to my dad's side of the family but as I didn't know them growing up, it's hard to get anything from them. Thanks! Kelle
afbrown
on 5/5/04 4:36 pm - Duluth, GA
Kelle, Check out your local Morman Church. Many of them have geneology centers. If they don't have the records you need, they can get them in for you. They have gone all over the country and microfilmed birth/marriage/death records. I used their info in WV to find my original birth certificate (I'm adopted), and my biological siblings (well, one of three so far, we're still searching for the others). Good luck!! Ann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Need to Find Military Info!!!!
puddin2day · 1 replies · 491 views
Hi, new here
RieRie · 1 replies · 640 views
Family History
Kaye C. · 0 replies · 365 views
Ancestry.com
Penny P. · 0 replies · 384 views