New post op pics on profile

sexysweetsweet69
on 4/16/06 11:38 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi my family, i haven't been doing good with eating, this is going to sounds sooo crazy, but sometimes I forget that I had surgery. And then I eat as normal then the food gets stuck. I have found that what works for me is that I sit in front of the tv, and eat. I put a small piece of food in my mouth, sit the fork down and just chew, chew chew. Then I wait a minute or so or watch tv then i take another bite. I don't really enjoy my food but I would rather eat slow than have a episode where the food get stuck. I really hate that feeling.
Lisa L.
on 4/17/06 3:25 am - Winston Salem, NC
Hey girl! Congrats on the weight loss...you are doing really great! Sounds like you have a good system down for making sure you eat slowly. I am worried about that myself so I think I will take a page from your book once I get home from the hospital. Lisa L.
ASHLEIGH22
on 4/17/06 3:57 am - BATON ROUGE, LA
Hey sweety,, Well I totally understand where you are coming from,, I never forgot I had the surgery but I wanted to, thankfully I only had 2 breakdowns after my surgery about eating , and I say thankfully b/c I was sure I would have more,, I am/was sooo obsessed with food and ALWAYS eating that it was killing me to not always be eating again,, I mean I was used to eating while doing everything, and now I have to learn to only eat when hungry , which is still a battle b/c I seem to talk myself into being hungry alot,, I have messed up sometimes and end up barfing my guts out, and then feel alot better, in fact for about 2 weeks I just became comfy with that and just ate and ate and barfed after ,, I had to sit down with myself and say I did not have this surgery to come from one eating disorder to another, b/c I had become OK with barfing after every meal , since I don't mind it,, But I have gotten over that , somewhat and am still working on it,, It kills me sometimes that the things that go down the easiest are the most fattening , and the point I am at I really have to watch fat and carbs and workout alot, and **** I am fat and lazy ,, I don't want to workout!!! But I haven't lost much weight in the last week ,, so I know I HAVE to do it,, Its a struggle don't let anyone tell you this surgery is easy,, I wish you the best of luck, and think you have a great plan set up,, putting your fork down after every bite is good also if you take a bite or two at every commerical that is good also,,GOOD LUCK GIRL, let me know how it goes!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views