Moving East...

Sarah13
on 4/16/06 11:43 am - Sacramento, CA
Hello all... My partner and I are considering moving back east for a few years so she can be closer to her family. I am trying to get an idea of what the GLBT community is like in a few of the cities we are considering. Richmond VA, and Greensboro NC are the most likely as my company has offices in both cities. Can anyone who lives in or near either of these cities give me some advice? I currently live in CA and most cities are very accepting of the GLBT lifestyle and I am hoping to move to a city that is similar. I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks Sarah~
Ferchie
on 4/16/06 11:54 am - Twin Falls, ID
I don't know anything about any city further east than Idaho Falls, Idaho... but I would like to tell you good luck in your move. I hope everything turns out wonderful for you and your partner and you end up an understanding and accepting city. Take care of you -Jeremy
sexysweetsweet69
on 4/16/06 12:03 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Sarah, I am sorry that I can't answer your question, but I really hope the new move works out for you.
Lisa L.
on 4/16/06 12:28 pm - Winston Salem, NC
Sarah, I am in Winston Salem, which is about 30 minutes from Greensboro. I dont know that I can say much for the LGBT community for the city. There are some accepting churches and 2 or 3 gay bars in Greensboro, but the nearest community center where there are actual functions (like the annual gay prom) is down in Charlotte. Feel free to email me if you have any specific questions. Lisa L.
Lisa L.
on 4/16/06 12:45 pm - Winston Salem, NC
Oh, I should add that Greensboro does have a wonderful transgendered support group (both MTFs and FTMs welcome), if that is of any interest to you. Lisa L.
track
on 4/17/06 2:22 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
Can't say a whole lot as I am not that active in the communities, but do know that Richmond and Norfolk have fairly active communities. More familiar with Norfolk. While we are still in the 'bible belt' of the state, there are a number of clubs, newpapers, churches and strong community ties. Not as liberal as CA, but have known folks in the gay community for a number of years that still like living here.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views