I'm getting bored!!!!

ravenhecate
on 4/15/06 12:53 am - Toledo, OH
Okay, I realize that I just had surgery on Monday, and it has only been a few days, but gosh-----I'm bored silly. I want to get up and do things. I want to clean house, I want to go to the store (which I did already a couple of times with the help of an ECV cart). I don't feel like just resting all of the time. I have a few books to read but I don't want to read them. I just don't know what to do with myself. I already took the youngest puppy for a walk this morning, which was great, but what am I supposed to do in between walks? I did really expect to feel this much better so soon after surgery. It is going to be a long four weeks until I can go back to wrok. Rhonda
sexysweetsweet69
on 4/15/06 3:19 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Rhonda, I must say that you have more gusto that what I had 5 days after surgery. The only walking I did was around my dining room table to get the gas out of my tummy. I do think though you should maybe slow down, I don't know if you had open or lap, but this is the time for your body to heal. There will be sooooo much time to walk and get out. But you do need to let your body heal. I would even ask your dr if it is okay for you to do all that walking. I know after i had surgery, I would take a shower and would just be soooo tried I wanted to just pass out, I am soooo happy that you feel better. Take care of yourself.
kizie23
on 4/15/06 12:38 pm - blacksburg, VA
Rhonda, I am glad to hear that you are feeling well. I personally think (and this is just my opinion) when you feel that you are ready to be up and moving around more you should be. Only you know when that is. But, I will also add a bit of my own experience. I was out of work for four weeks with my surgery. I too was bored out of my mind. Everyone I knew was at work, there is only so much tv a person can watch, and even though I love being on the computer it got old. So, I went for my four week check up and begged my doctor to please let me go back to work. Well, after lots and lots of the begging he finally gave in. He allowed me to go back for half days for the first week, and then back to my normal hours the second week. Well, all was good and well at first. Then I started to hurt again. I had a trip to the ER, (which was not surgery related) After being back for that little bit of time, I wished I had waited the 6-8 weeks that he recommends. So, again I say only you know when you are going to be fully ready to do anything. Just take everything in stride, and be careful. I wish you well on your journey. Melissa
Ferchie
on 4/16/06 11:47 am - Twin Falls, ID
That sounds like an awful lot of stuff to me, I couldn't even walk on my own for almost 1 month, then I still had to use a walker for almost 1 more month after that just to balance myself. I would of loved to just stand and walk across the living room. Make sure you don't over do it, you don't want to mess anything up. Do what your Doc says. Take care - Jeremy
ravenhecate
on 4/18/06 2:10 am - Toledo, OH
I did have my surgery laparoscopically and my surgeon very much stresses getting up and walking as much as possible before and immediately after surgery. As a matter of fact, I had my first post op appointment this morning to get out the drain that they put in, and he seemed very pleased that I was so very mobile. So I seem to be doing just what the doctor wants me to do. Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views