Have people lost their minds?

Ulises Robles
on 4/8/06 10:43 pm - Jersey City, NJ
RNY on 04/12/06 with
so my surgery is on Wednesday 4/12 and my last day at work was friday, a few people at work new before hand and a fewother foudn out on friday. Some people are very supportive and some are scared because of the risks from the surgery, once you speak to them they usuallysee how the risks of not having the surgery out way the actual procedure. But there is that group of people that are just rude they always say; Why don you just go on a diet? ... like i haven't done that... being on diets is waht got me here in the first place... Try some diet pills? ... like those work... been there done that... Why don't you eat less? Why don't you eat better foods? Have you tried Atkins? I belong to weigh****cher, why don't you try it? Why don't you just get up and work out? Don't be a couch potato.. ..... Are you kidding me... even if they do not agree with my decision they should at least respect it, if i hear another comment like - You know you can die in surgey - I'm gonna blow up and let them have it. I just had to vent...
sexysweetsweet69
on 4/8/06 11:28 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Ulises, your post was just like dajavue to me, this is what happen to me at my work place. But just like I came out about my way of life at work and didn't give a f***about what they said or what they think. That is your life, you know what is best for you. But remember ever one has their opinion and thats their business, just don't let it effect you. If you blow up at work about what someone says, that could then cause you to lose your job, so just be like a duck and let their negative comments roll off your back, you are going to have your surgery and be healthy, so don't let those negative people worry you. I can't wait to see you on the losing side. I will be praying for a speedy recovery.
glamboi
on 4/9/06 1:18 am - Chicago, IL
My surgery is also on April 12. I've heard all sorts of things from all sorts of people, positive and negative. Everyone feels like they have a right to voice their opinions about something that is ultimately OUR decision. I especially enjoyed the comments made by the skinny *****es who have never struggled with weight issues a day in their lives. You know what hey say. An opinion is like an @$$-hole. Everybody has one, and they all stink! Best of luck to you on Wednesday! Mark
Ulises Robles
on 4/9/06 2:21 am - Jersey City, NJ
RNY on 04/12/06 with
very true. best of luck to you 2
Dannielle
on 4/9/06 11:58 pm - Joplin, MO
For those who are really just uneducated you could take this as an opportunity to enlighten them and you may be helping someone in their life in the future.They may convey your experience (in a positive way )to someone who needs this surgery .You could save a life wothout ever knowing it. For those who are really just being rude try this when they say "Just eat less or diet or work out" Get the most astonished look on your face and say "Oh my gosh I never thought of that !Thank you so much ! I never knew it could be that easy--thank you --REALLY thanks !"(smiling the whole time and walk away)They will realize just how dumb their comments were and feel as small as they were attempting to make you feel. Good luck on your upcoming surgery . I will keep you in my prayers. Dannielle
Rosa
on 4/11/06 2:54 am - Milton, DE
Hi Ulises, Try not to worry about what those negative people say to you. They speak out of ignorance. I just want to wish you the very best for your surgery and will say a little prayer that everything goes well for you. Please contact us as soon as you are able and let us know how you make out. Hugs, Rosa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views