HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Ferchie
on 3/23/06 11:25 pm - Twin Falls, ID
Yay it is Friday!!!!! Finally!!! I have been waiting all week for this day. Nothing special, it is just Friday; it has been an unusually long week here at the office. One of my co-workers is on spring break vacation with her kids so I have been doing my work and her work and then my boss was off Monday and Tuesday so on those 2 days I was doing her work too it sucked. Let me tell you what one of my evil co-workers said to me while my boss was out - Mauricio said to me "did you celebrate the equinox?" I said "No, but I did call my friend Patty and wish her a happy equinox" Then Linda (the crazy, nosey *****) pops off with "Oh, she is the Wicca right?" I say "yes, as is her son, my BEST FRIEND" she then says "Well, they are witches, the bible preaches against that, they are evil." I say "the bible preaches against a lot of stuff, including me." Then she says, get this, "And we will keep right on preaching too!" OH MY GOD, YOU ARE F**KING KIDDING ME!!! YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT, YOU CRAZY F**KING *****!!! IT WAS ALL I COULD DO NOT TO COME OUT OF MY CHAIR AND STAB HER IN THE FOREHEAD WITH MY BARNEY PURPLE PLASTIC F**KING LETTER OPENER... I QUIETLY GOT UP, WENT TO THE BREAK ROOM AND FILLED MY WATER JUG SO I COULD MAKE SOME CRYSTAL LIGHT. I WENT INTO THE BATHROOM AND SCREAMED. I WAS SO UPSET AT WHAT SHE SAID I ALMOST CRIED... Since this incident I haven't said anything to her that was not work related, if she said anything to me that was not about work I would look at her so she knew I heard her and then go back to what I was doing, this way she knew I was ignoring her, and didn't think that I didn't hear her and feel compelled to repeat herself. I would hate to have to hear her voice more than necessary. I am afraid of what might come out of my mouth. I told my boss what she said and she was completely flabbergasted. My entire office knows I am gay, it is no big deal, I am like the token office lesbian. "Whoop-de-do" they say. I work for the county so usually it would be like "oh my god, she is gay..." but they are like "WHATEVER, WHO CARES" It is nice. Well enough of my ranting, happy Friday to all!!! Take care - Jeremy
ravenhecate
on 3/24/06 12:05 am - Toledo, OH
I just love how some people quote the bible at someone who they feel is a sinner while forgetting one of the most important passages in the bible (in my opinion) "Judge not lest ye be judged." But I have definitely heard it all from those who wish to preach at me. Not only am I gay but am wiccan as well, so I usually get double doses of it. Not at work though. Everyone knows I'm gay, and they don't usually say much about it. No one knows that I'm wiccan, however. I'm very careful about who I talk to about that. I am pretty well known at work for knowing a lot about a whole lot of religions, since I've always had an interest in world religions. I can understand you being upset though. The workplace is definitely not the place for preaching. But anyway, I just try to ignore all of those who feel they can judge my life. I feel that the way I live my life is between me and my God(s). Just hang in there. You did the right thing by getting up and leaving the room. Rhonda
Lisa L.
on 3/24/06 12:09 am - Winston Salem, NC
OMG, Jeremy! I totally applaud your self control...***** needed a freakin' letter opener to the forehead! You know, I really dont have issues with people who believe I am going to Hell, as long as they dont preach it at me. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, right? My favorite response to someone like her is "the Bible ALSO says you shouldnt judge". I find that shuts them right up. *huggles* Sorry you had such a rough week. Enjoy your weekend! Lisa L. PS - Hey, I am an overworked, underpaid County employee too! Stokes County, NC here.
jherring1
on 3/24/06 1:51 am - Brookhaven, MS
Hi Jeremy, I'm new to the GLBT board around here. I actually just found it yesterday, but I can totally relate to your experience, as many of us can. I think you exercised quite a bit more self control than I would have been able to. I tend to get a bit hot headed before I let it sink in and start hurting. The others are right when saying these small-minded Christian fundamentalists tend to pick and choose what parts of the Bible the are going to follow. They are the most judgemental people I have run into, yet the Bible is very clear on who should and will pass judgement. The New Testament portrays their God (and mine by the way - so I'm not just venting here) as a forgiving God, not the Hell Fire and Brimstone God of the Old Testament. Unfortunately these same fundamentalists can't understand that either. Good on you for just walking away and avoiding any personal contact with this person. She doesn't deserve any type of personal contact with you. I was looking at your profile -- and you seem to have a wonderful outlook on life and things -- and I think like most of us following WLS, you have a whole new perspective on life that we didn't think we would ever have -- so don't let someone like that get to you. Take care of yourself! Jim
Richbehr
on 3/24/06 8:36 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Show up on monday with a pentagram around your neck, and exclaim how tired you are from doing all the sacrifices over the weekend. Then mumble about how you ruined a good shirt with pig's blood. That'll freak her out! I usually take the Linus approach when someone asks me about my relgious beliefs(I'm a spiritulist)- I tell people I don't discuss politics, religion or The Great Pumpkin.
Lisa L.
on 3/24/06 11:34 am - Winston Salem, NC
Rich, that is brilliant! The woman would probably run screaming from the building....or douse poor Jeremy in holy water. I am going to steal your Linus approach next time someone asks me about religion OR politics. Lisa L.
kizie23
on 3/24/06 10:35 am - blacksburg, VA
Jeremy, I cannot stand when people do that. I almost had this guys job at work because he made a remark about another women we work with. He called her a dike. Well, he had no idea I was gay. How I do not know, Lisa and I are always together. Lisa is as butch as they come. Well, when he made his remark, I kindly looked at him and said, "You just really offended me, I do not appreciate what you just said." It took him a while then I guess he figured out what I was talking about. Since then I have had no problem with him. Lisa said that I should have gone to human resources. But, I told her he cannot help he is backwards. He and his wife also just had a baby, so I know he needs his job." Needless to say, I have had no problems with him since then. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views