I should get alot of help on this one!!! upper GI?

jeanette
on 3/22/06 6:58 am - so cal, CA
Hey family im in a very stressful ordeal right now,Well all my tests are complete i was supposed to be done today...but the upper GI i couldnt do it!!!I took one gulp and OMG talk about gag reflex I just couldnt stomack it what the hell am i supposed to do? how did you all get threw this? it was so thick if wouldnt go down i felt like it was sufforcating my throat and omg the tast&texture!!!WTF IM so bumbed right now i have another try april 7 im there last appointment so the nurse will help me! Please help Jeanette
kcfrederick
on 3/22/06 7:33 am - Waldorf, MD
I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't really have any trouble with the stuff you drink for the Upper GI. It was chalky tasting yeah, but otherwise not bad. What was NASTY was the barium for the leak test...UGH!! Good luck with this Jeanette, just try to think of it as one more test in order to make it to loser-land. And try to imagine its a runny vanilla shake too. Good Luck on the 7th. - Kelly
jeanette
on 3/22/06 7:45 am - so cal, CA
Thank you,for responding i know i have to think of it for the better it is a requirement for the surgery and I will have to do it but its like 6 hours later and when i think of it it still makes me gag! so for the leak test does everyone have to do that? and what was the barium like? Thanks Jeanettey girl
kcfrederick
on 3/22/06 8:06 am - Waldorf, MD
I don't know if everyone has to do it, though I'd assume so just for your surgeon to ensure everything is alright inside you. I can't even begin to describe the nastiness that is the barium. If you think the Upper GI stuff is bad, this is probably 10times worse in my opinion. The poor radiologist, I was sitting there while they looked at the films and he was like "Do you think you could get a little more down if we need some more pictures?" I looked at him and said "Not if you want it to stay down" LOL Good Luck - Kelly
kizie23
on 3/22/06 9:44 am - blacksburg, VA
I did not have this happen before surgery, however the stuff that I had to drink the day after surgery was the nastiest crap I have ever put in my mouth. I almost came back up, but luckily I was able to make it stay down. I was so happy. I sure as heck did not want to go through it again. Melissa
Aynessa
on 3/23/06 5:42 am - Camden, NJ
omg can i relate that stuff is soooooo nasty and i had to drink about 2 and half bottles and on the last half i almost threw up many many times but i was thinking i have to do this and u kno what also worked i sipped slower and it seemed to help more than tryna jus get it down fast i mean jus try to take ya mind off the taste i kno the hard as hell but u can do it trust it was nasty trust i almost threw up but u can do it ur right there dont let this set u back best of luck..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views