Q for the ladies

kcfrederick
on 3/18/06 6:59 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi Girls; This is kinda silly I suppose in the grand scheme of things, but how long was it before you could start shaving your legs again. No fair if you have a partner that did it for you - I'm not in that boat ::pouts:: I shaved prior to going to the hospital and now its been a freaking week and the leg hair is driving me nuts! I want to shave sooooo badly but I'm hesistant about bending/leaning over a lot (afraid I'll tear something inside). Jeese, who knew how much I'd miss shaving until I couldnt do it again - Kelly
special kay
on 3/18/06 8:07 am - Ladson, SC
My surgeon told me not to bend over like that for 6 weeks. I had open so if you had LAP, it might be shorter for you. Kay
kcfrederick
on 3/18/06 8:43 am - Waldorf, MD
Thanks for the response Kay. I had Lap, and didn't even think to ask my surgeon while i was still in the hospital. And its not really something I feel I can call them up and ask about either LOL...oh well, maybe I'll just go get waxed. - Kelly
finda_nessy
on 3/18/06 10:28 am - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
Kelly-- Get some Nair hair remover and paste it on your legs, wait for 10 minutes and then go sit in the bath, it may be able to take some of that hair off.... good luck! i also cant stand leg hair, i shave every day! finda nessy
kcfrederick
on 3/18/06 10:49 am - Waldorf, MD
I'm with you, just say no to the leg hair! Pre-op I shaved every day so this is pretty much killing me right now LOL. Thanks for the response, I'm thinking I'll just do a waxing, it should last longer. - Kelly
ASHLEIGH22
on 3/18/06 11:04 am - BATON ROUGE, LA
I am in the same boat also,, before my 2nd surgery I had to shave it was killing me , so I sat on the side of the tub and shaved,, I tried to bend as lil as possible but I did a little,,,I am embrassed to let my partner shave for me,, I am still very insecure.
kcfrederick
on 3/18/06 8:37 pm - Waldorf, MD
Thanks for the response Ashleigh. Having your partner shave you can be a very erotic experience, I hope one day you feel confident enough to allow that to happen and enjoy it immensley I think I've reached the decision of having my legs waxed instead of waiting to shave or trying to do something that will harm me. cuz there is no way I'm leaving it be...ewwww i'd have to be to walk around daily with leg hair LOL ..soooo not my thing. - Kelly PS a disclaimer, if it floats your boat go for it tho
Merrickkitty
on 3/19/06 12:52 am - EAST BAY, CA
Embrace the hair, you'll wi**** were growing on your head in 3 months...haha Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views