Medical Question

kizie23
on 3/18/06 4:37 am - blacksburg, VA
Hey family, wow its been days since I have been online. I have a question for everyone. I for the past four days have been going through some really bad pains in my back. I am not sure if they are muscle spasms, or if there is something else going on. To try and describe the feeling, its like there is something shooting up and down my spine, at times it even tenses up real bad. I remember from my trip to the ER, that when I had the stomach pains real bad I ended up having a bladder infection. I have been putting off going to the doctor all week, b/c I am hoping it will go away on its own. But, it seems to be getting worse. Let me know what you think please. Melissa
kcfrederick
on 3/18/06 6:54 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi Melissa; For me, any back issues are cause for immediate concern. I wouldn't put off getting checked out by a dr too much longer as it could be indicative of something very serious, like a slipped disc (or worse) or it could just be that you've pulled a muscle. But you should definitely get it checked out. Especially if its been going on for a week and gotten worse as the week has progressed. Good luck and I hope you feel better. - Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/06 10:04 am - Milwaukee, WI
One strong possibility is that you're having muscle spasms brought on by the shifting weight in your body and your frame readjusting itself. I went through a few weeks of bad back pain at about 3 months out. And I just did another round about 3 weeks ago. When I do ab-strenghtening excercises, it helps. J
finda_nessy
on 3/18/06 10:09 am - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
melissa-- i cant offer any advice but i hope and pray that it isnt linked to your surgery and that you feel better *muah* finda nessy
Rosa
on 3/19/06 5:50 am - Milton, DE
Hi Melissa, I have been having pain in my tail bone area when I sit for too long and I think it's just cuz I don't have as much padding down there now. I have also been having shoulder and lower back pain. I think it is because I am using muxcles I haven't used in a couple of years. Today I cleaned out the garage and one closet!!! I would not have been able to do any of that prior to surgery. I think you should go see your doctor. Back pain is not something you want to fool around with. I have an appointment w/ my doctor this coming week. It's better to be safe than sorry. Hope you feel better and that there is not something majorly wrong. You know I got you in my prayers! Hugs, Rosa
Cheri B
on 3/20/06 2:29 am - Forked River, NJ
Hi Melissa- I wouldn't fool around with back pain if it is worrying you this much, but I have to agree that it is probably due to your body's fast rate of change. Think about it, your skeleton and muscles have had lots of time to get used to having extra weight on them, and now all of a sudden, it's not there. Give it time. My rear end also hurt lots and lots from sitting in the ambulance, but once I started going to the gym to give myself some muscle tone, things were much better. Take care! -Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views