What happen?

daniel patrick
on 3/16/06 6:24 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
Yesterday, I had about 33 gms of sugar all day (pretty average or even below what I usually do...). I went to bed around 9:30 feeling fine...not a problem.. At 12:33, I woke up with incredible stomach pain (so I went to the bathroom...) nothing happened. I was convinced that I was dieing and that every medical issue Dr. G. mentioned Wednesday nigh****ing me. I went back to bed...and was freezing... Chills, goose bumps... comforter, electric blanket, blanket, dog, etc.. Was hoping for death... Laying there till 1:05, felt the urge to go to the bathroom...ended up wanting to vomit (sorry) and actually spit up about 2 tbsp (no, I didn't measure..lol) of salivia. Still freezing, stomach pain...etc..decided to just sit on the bathroom floor and wallow in self pity/pain...suddenly had to go potty...and dealt with diaherrea for a few minutes. By the way, the new Iron tablet is wonderful... Finally went back to bed at about 1:45 feeling much, much better... Did I suffer from the alleged "dumping syndrome"? I haven't gotten sick yet, I haven't thrown up yet... So I really don't know what yesterday was about. Any idea........
Meltingman
on 3/16/06 10:39 pm - Malvern, PA
Daniel, I had a similar experience at work on Tuesday. I ate lunch (high protein pudding and 1/2 an italian wrap) nothing I haven't eaten on any other given day. Got violently ill, chills and shivering went home from work sick. Slept about 3 hours and woke up fine. I don't think it was anything I ate since a co worker ate the other half of the wrap and was fine and the pudding was fresh from the can. I assume I had a quick moving virus or something???? I still have never dumped but I have never eaten more that 5 grams of sugar at a setting. We'll here is to hoping it won't happen to either of us again. Chip
mikenfortmill
on 3/18/06 4:13 am - Fort Mill, SC
Hope you keep feeling better.... I can say, when I have had dumping.. I get very weak, sleepy and feel like I could throw up.... it usually passes within 30 minutes if I go lay down..... Hope that helps... Again, best wishes!! Mike
kizie23
on 3/18/06 4:29 am - blacksburg, VA
Daniel, I would say it sounds like the dreaded, "dumping syndrome." I have not actually gotten sick from that, so I am not sure. How are you feeling now? Melissa
Merrickkitty
on 3/19/06 1:12 am - EAST BAY, CA
Thats about how I felt when I dumped, but it was not so delayed. Its pretty icky alright. What is funny about it, you could have 50 grams of sugar today, and it would not phase you. Its just a (pardon the phrase) crap shoot. Maureen
markpeterson
on 3/20/06 2:05 am - Lakewood, CO
Hope you are doing better. I might have just been a virus. I also notice that I can react to sugar if I don't have enough protein. Also the fake sugar gives me gas pains and stool issues. So I hope it does not happen again for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views