I AM GOING SHOPPING NEED HELP.

sexysweetsweet69
on 3/16/06 3:00 am - Milwaukee, WI
Family I just wanted to let you know how much I really love you guys and thank you for all your support. My partner has started shopping for me. This is what she has so far. 3 Cases of Diet Rasberry snapple Tea ( my favorite) 2 Cases of fruit 2 0 1 Case of 100% fat free chicken broth. I went to Walmart and go advantage protein shake. It was okay but can't promise that I will stick to it. Can some one recommend a protein shake that is good. I love vanilla and chocolate and amaretto flavors. I need to know what vitamins I need. I have a list from my nutristionist but I dont know what brand to buy. What else should I buy help please.
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/06 3:14 am - Milwaukee, WI
Make sure to check with your nutritionis of the caffeine in the iced tea is ok for for you or not. Some dr. programs don't want you to have cafeeine because it can dehydrate you and it can strip calcium from your bones. Don't buy anymore broth. You're going to be SICK of it.!. Make sure to have on hand some good seasonings to make it more palatable. As for protein, if you like the kind that's pre-mixees, EAS Advatnage shakes in chocolate fudge are good. They have them at Jewel and PicknSave. But they are more expensive. To liven up your protein shakes, try the sugar-free flavored syrups. I love coconut syrup in chocolate and raspberry in vanilla.
sexysweetsweet69
on 3/16/06 3:35 am - Milwaukee, WI
thank you so much.
Ferchie
on 3/16/06 4:23 am - Twin Falls, ID
The cafein in the iced tea did not bother me at all, it is such a small amoun****ch the sodium level in the broth too, I use a sublingual b complex and a liquid vitamin C I get both from my health food store. I also drink protein shakes I have found 2 that don't suck - it is Spiru-Tein brand Peaches & Cream and Cookies & Cream. The Cookies & Cream done with skim milk and ice in a blender tastes like an (kind of) OREO milkshake!!!! Damn tasty!!! I am so excited that you get your surgery soon - YAY FOR YOU!!!! take care - Jeremy
finda_nessy
on 3/16/06 6:34 am - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
sherry-- get some lip balm, your lips will be chapped. And also, you need to get some ice chips. This helps keep your intestines feeling cool. The broth you will become tired of, i promise....and make sure that you have some baby wipes, their easier to use when your in bed. looks like you are on your way. I am sooooooo happy for you! Make sure you keep us updated. I said a prayer last night and I will say many more..... finda nessy
peanutla30
on 3/16/06 10:05 am - Bossier City, LA
Sherry, My doc said I need to take chewable Flinstones twice a day for a few months, then I can change to a regular multi vitamin. I also have to take a calcium pill every day. I bought some regular soups, like chicken noodle, and a strainer. I was told the broth tastes better from these, just throw out the noodles and chicken. Get some sugar free popsicles and some sugar free jello too. I went for the rest of my preop today and tomorrow I go for my EGD. I am so ready!!!
mikenfortmill
on 3/16/06 10:20 am - Fort Mill, SC
I hated all protein drinks.... but did like sugar free Carnation Instant breakfast.... I easily tired of broth.. but, was good sometimes... I also used Flintstone's chewable vitamins for a while they were actually pretty good!!! Seems we all differ a little when it comes to these things... But, you will find something you like..... Mike C.
Rosa
on 3/16/06 10:29 am - Milton, DE
Hi Sherry, I really like the Whey Protein Powder. Both chocolate and vanilla are good. You can get it at Vitamin World or Costco. Other places sell it too, but the price really varries. I think those two places are the cheapest. I like to put bananas in them, or other frozen fruit like peaches and strawberries in the vanilla. I try to have one a day, but sometimes I don't. If you don't want to dirty up a blender, just get one of those cups that has the plastic mixer in it. You can usually get them at the dollar stores or Rite Aide. I also take a Flinstone vitamin each day, a B12, and two orange cream Tums. Hope this helps. I am so excited for you!!! Hugs, Rosa
special kay
on 3/16/06 11:47 am - Ladson, SC
Try Propel. I like black cherry the best. My nut recommends it because it has vitamins in it. I drink it all the time. I also drink a lot of Sugar Free Kool aid. Walmart has a brand thats real good and it comes in many different flavors. They also have the little packs that you add to a 16 oz bottle of water. Your taste buds will go nuts in the beginning so dont buy too much of any one thing. One week I loved snapple, then I hated it. I like Kool aid every other week. Your gf is such a sweetie for getting things ready for you. Take care Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views