3 month check up

kizie23
on 3/14/06 10:21 am - blacksburg, VA
So, today I went for my three month check up. First, Dr. Kramer was very impressed with my weight loss. He said that it was right where it should be. Then he asked about my protein. I asked him if I had to be honest with him and he said yes. Then it happened, I told him that some days I get in only about 20g of protein. He kinda paused for a second and then lite into me. Yes, I know that I am supposed to get in 70-80g a day.Yes, I know how important my protein is to me. Yes, I know that it can cause sever problems not getting in my protein. Yes, I am going to try and do better. But, as I explained to him its really hard for me to eat. Needless to say, even though my weight is where it needs to be, I have to be back in his office again in four weeks. I also got a print out sheet of foods with protein, if anyone would like a copy of it. Melissa
special kay
on 3/14/06 10:28 am - Ladson, SC
Congrats on your weight loss. I'm glad that everything went good. I hope you up your protein real soon!! I'm working on it too. Take Care Kay
Rosa
on 3/14/06 11:05 am - Milton, DE
Hey Girl, So proud of you and all the weight you have lost. I have problems getting my protein in, so I would love a copy of the list. Thanks! Hugs, Rosa
finda_nessy
on 3/14/06 1:01 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
Melissa-- I think that you have done excellent! I remember back when I was 3 months out and I was sooooooo sick and I couldn't get in my protein either. Every day it gets easier and you will accumulate more strength and courage to move forth. And some days are easier than others but I promise...you will overcome...keep up your positive attitude and beautiful smile... finda nessy
Jen W.
on 3/14/06 8:49 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Melissa, do you like milk? I'm just barely post-op, but the program I'm going through requires us to drink 3 cups of milk per day because of the protein it has in it. Cottage cheese is also a huge one too, but I would say start with the milk and go from there because you're getting fluids in (3 cups would be 24 ounces of your fluids) AND protein. Congrats on your weight loss and good luck!
kcfrederick
on 3/14/06 9:40 pm - Waldorf, MD
add chocolate or vanilla protein powder to it (i use isopure in skim milk) to up your protein intake. isopure has 50grams of protein per scoop and with the milk it tastes a little like a shake only no where near the thickness. its not as good in water, but at least its getting tons of protein in. Maybe you can post the list of protein packed foods to the group. congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work - Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/06 10:30 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Chin up, girl! The weightloss is great...but I the protein does have a lot tob e desired. I'm not coming down on you. I totally empathize. But it IS important to get it in and you DO know that. So whatcha gonna do? Sneak it in! Try foods that have a bit more protein in than other options. Cheese, cottagee cheese, . when you make a protein shake, add an extra scoop of unflavored protein. Add unflavored protein to yogurt, your milk., etc. For crunchy stuff, look for soy chips and crackers. There are soy crispss that Chin up, girl! The weightloss is great...but I the protein does have a lot to be desired. I'm not coming down on you. I totally empathize. But it IS important to get it in and you DO know that. So whatcha gonna do? Sneak it in! Try foods that have a bit more protein in than other options. Cheese, cottage cheese, deli meat, nuts, etc . When you make a protein shake, add an extra scoop of unflavored protein. Add unflavored protein to yogurt, your milk, oatmeal, etc. For crunchy stuff, look for soy chips and crackers. There are soy crisps that have 10 g of protein per serving! Plus, another thing to try is the South Beach Diet Cereal Bars--10 g of protein in each one and a reasonable amount of carbs. I've also incorporated the Instone Protein Pudding into my daily intake. 20 g of Protein in each container. I buy them through drugstore.com. If you get the GNC membership and order during the first week of the month, it's like $2.25 for a 4-pack and shipping is reasonable. Just remember, every little bit helps. And if you are increasing your protein, you're also increasing your weightloss. Good luck! You CAN do it!!!! Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views