Hi Family

sexysweetsweet69
on 3/12/06 1:05 am - Milwaukee, WI
I just wanted to say I really love you guys my question is what do I need to bring to the hospital? My partner and I went to the store to buy stuff for the hospital. Neither one of knew what to bring so please tell me. I can't believe that my first surgery is next week monday, outpatient to have the filter installed. Does anyone now about the filter where does it go. i actually have my consultation tommorrow to discuss the filter. But I am just so anxious and want to know now.
Lisa L.
on 3/12/06 2:05 am - Winston Salem, NC
Hi Sherry. My boss had surgery a year and a half ago and she gave me a lot of her research material. One of the things in the packet was a list of stuff to bring to the hospital that someone had posted here back in 2004. I figure it's still good so.... 1. Eye Mask - To keep from being blinded by nurses turning on the lights in the middle of the night. 2. Maxi Pads - 95% of women of child bearing age get their period within 1 - 2 days of this surgery ...think it has something to do with the trauma to the body. 3. Flushable bathroom wipes and a wooden spoon (about 10 inches long) - after surgery, it will be difficult to bend and wipe yourself. Just wrap the flushable wipe around the spoon end of the spoon and then swipe and clean. 4. Carmex or some kind of chapstick - the anesthesia dries you out and, since you wont be drinking anything right away, the Carmex will soothe your lips. 5. Body Pillow - Good for folding in half and propping under your knees to alleviate back pain. 6. Slip-on Shoes or Flip Flops - To wear around the hospital and home...bending and tying shoes will be difficult for about a week. 7. VERY comfy clothes to wear home from the hospital - the bigger, the better. Looking good is not that important at this point. And....Post Hospital Items.... 1. Crystal Light packets (to help get those clear fluids down) 2. Chicken or Beef Both 3. Breyers Sugar free popscicles 4. Sugar Free Jello 5. Applesauce 6. Ho****er bottle (lots of people complain of gas pains for about a week after surgery....placing a ho****er bottle on the belly helps) Hope that helps. Lisa L.
sexysweetsweet69
on 3/12/06 2:12 am - Milwaukee, WI
Thank you so much, that info was very informative.
Rosa
on 3/12/06 11:01 am - Milton, DE
Honey, I can better tell you what NOT to take. I took so much stuff and really didn't use any of it. I bought myself a pretty purple robe that I never used and now it's too big. With all the wires hanging off you, you will probably just wear the hospital gown which is pleanty big enough. I also took my make up because apparently I thought I would be holding court and wanted to look pretty for my subjects. Girl, I was so out of it, Halley Berry or Jennifer Beals could have walked in and wouldn't have given a damn. I was so druged up and out of it! Don't bother with your jewels either, the last thing you will want to do is put them on and it's better not to tempt sticky hands...if you know what I mean. I also took a couple of books and a crossword puzzle book which I didn't even crack open. I even took a baseball hat (Orioles of course) which I never even put on my head because, at that point, I really didn't care if my hair looked like I had just walked out of an oil refinery. I did take a chap stick which I used quite a bit, a small fan, and baby wipes to freshen up all over and some lotion for ashy skin. I'm sure your baby will be right there with you helping you out. So don't forget her! I wish you all the luck and blessings in the world. Please let us know how it went as soon as you can. Big Hugs, Rosa
Richbehr
on 3/12/06 12:43 pm - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Being a guy I can't really tell you what to bring with you to the hospital. But I can tell you what WILL go with you and that is all our love and support You have been an inspiration to all
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views