Another Medical Issue

Meltingman
on 3/3/06 2:21 am - Malvern, PA
I thought my unluckiness with health issues would change a little more than it has after surgery. Don't get me wrong I'm a heck of alot more healthy now. On Monday of this week I did 1/2 day of work with no issues. Tuesday got up, drove to WAWA (our local version of 7/11) to get my coffee, walked in and got sooooo light headed the room went black for a moment. I leaned on the wall and thought I must be dehydrated so I skipped the coffee and opted for water. I got to work feeling a little woosier but nothing big. About an hour later I had an urge to go to the bathroom (FAST). I made it but on the way back to my office I started to freeze!!!! I was so cold I was shaking. I thought for sure I had the flu. At 10:30 I called it a day came home and got in bed. When Heath got home at 5 I was so sick I could not get out of bed so he insisted we go to the ER. It was a very good thing we did. At the ER they ran tests did blood cultures and nothing showed up. They said you have a virus go home it will run it's course in a few days. lots of liquids etc. Wednesday I could not get my head off of the pillow. I was soooooo sick. Heath went to work reluctantly. I got a call from the ER around 9 AM saying I had to come to the hospital ASAP that something showed up in my blood after 24 hours but they could not yet identify it. Heath came home took me to the ER and I was admitted. After days of antibiotics and all kinds of test they found I have an ecoli infection in a very small pool of liquid near my hernia repair incision. As it turns out ecoli is a good bacteria infection to have (as long as they catch it early) because it is VERY weak and any antibiotic will kill it. After two days I feel great and was released today. I haven't eaten much this week so I have no clue what my weight is but I feel healthy. I hope this is the last of issues for awhile. Chip
Rosa
on 3/3/06 6:34 am - Milton, DE
Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry you have had such a difficult time. I am glad, however, that you are ok now. Hang in there! Big Hug, Rosa
special kay
on 3/3/06 11:51 am - Ladson, SC
Chip, I'm sorry about the infection but I'm happy you are feeling better. Kay
Merrickkitty
on 3/3/06 9:18 pm - EAST BAY, CA
OMG. I am sorry to hear about the health issues again. I hope, like you, that this is the last for oh, lets say 20-30 years!!! In any case, I am glad your issue was identified and treated successfully! Now, no more drastic weightloss measures, mister! Maureen
Matthew C.
on 3/4/06 12:42 pm - Niles, IL
Glad to hear your feeling better.
dross55
on 3/7/06 3:41 am - Paoli, PA
Dam Chip "talk about" "if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all" We all think you had quite enough of the bad luck stuff, now just stop it! No more bad luck, you are over your quota for the year. You are only allowed to have good luck from this day on! So said me so, said we all! No really feel better my friend. Give Heath an extra hug from us all for taking such good care of you! Derrick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views