should i be nervous.....

finda_nessy
on 2/26/06 12:17 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
So, I was reading carnie wilsons book and she was talking about experiencing dump syndrome and I was thinking, I am almost 5 months out and I have NEVER dumped once.... i know this sounds silly but...should i be nervous that the surgery will not work for me if i dont dump at all? I watch my sugar content and intake but I am sure that I have gone over 10 grams of sugar and still nothing. i hope that I am okay. I feel paranoid. I always put pressure on myself and think that at 5 months out, I should be more than just 70lbs down.... finda nessy
Rosa
on 2/26/06 12:28 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Nessy, I have been very worried about the exact same thing. I have not thrown up at all, and everything seems to be staying down. I was hoping that I would have the dumping syndrome, because it would make me eat right. Well I don't think it's going to happen and that scares me. I wonder if any one is out there who did not experiencing dumping but still managed to lose weight and keep it off. Hang in there! Big Hug, Rosa
meatballiz
on 2/26/06 2:33 pm - verona, PA
i wouldn't be nervous at all. infact, i'd be very glad. you both must be doing everything the way you're supposed to. 5 months and 70 lbs down is such a fantastic drop! i doubt your doctor would disagree! obviously the surgery IS working for you! you just have to continue these good habits years down the road when you KNOW you CAN have that sugar and tolerate it. i haven't dumped yet either (only 1 month out), but i DID puke yesterday. i ate too fast and didn't chew well enough. just keep on doing everything the way you are. you both are doing great! ~liz
kizie23
on 2/26/06 7:36 pm - blacksburg, VA
I do not think you should be worried at all. I think that maybe (and I could be wrong) some people do not dump. Like you said you are watching you sugar intake. I personally think that has a lot to do with whether a person dumps or not. I have gotten sick from foods that I have eaten (whether it was foods eaten too fast, or not chewed enough) but I do not think I have actually dumped. I say keep doing what you are doing, sounds like you are on the right track. My surgeon says that as long as I stay under 16 grams of sugar per serving I should be fine. Melissa
mylilcalla
on 2/27/06 8:30 pm - Bloomington, IN
Hiya As long as you keep the sugar out of your diet you hopefully won't have to worry about dumping. Some of us are a little more apt to dump then others. Frankly, I still have trouble with certain foods (chicken is one of the things that is bad for me) not staying down. As far as true dumping though, I think that has only happened once for me, and that was because I ate some cole slaw at a restaurant that obviously had a lot of sugar in it. You are doing fine. Just keep the stuff out that got us all into this mess in the first place and work the tool! Best, Amy
Cheri B
on 2/28/06 10:04 pm - Forked River, NJ
Hello from a fellow never-dumped-ever person!! One thing you have to remember with Carnie Wilson is that she was VERY depressed and still ate the wrong things after surgery. She also ate incessantly and gained a ton of weight when she was pregnant. Just like I tell lesbians to never read "The Well of Loneliness" by Radcliffe Hall, I tell WLS people to never read her book. There are plenty of success stories right here...all for free!! Besides...look at your own profile, there is a success story right there!!!!! -Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views