liqour??????

finda_nessy
on 2/24/06 12:38 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
Okay-- Im a college student so you can imagine how restless I get when i go to bars and watch others drink and I cant even take 1 shot!!!! so...have any of you all attempted to drink after surgery and if so, how did it affect you? I asked my dietician if I could and she told me not until a year.... finda nessy
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/06 12:18 am - Minneapolis, MN
Im not saying its right but i drink vodka and cranberry sometimes. It doesnt take much but i like the taste--things like beer upset my stomach. I went to Mexico and drank for most of the week. For some reason i didnt dump or anything. I guess it depends on the individual person. Again not saying its right --and my Dr also said to wait a year.
Richbehr
on 2/25/06 1:28 pm - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
I thought cranberry juice has to much sugar in it? I'm gonna miss my tanguray and tonics.
Meltingman
on 2/26/06 3:08 am - Malvern, PA
Vodak with a slash of cranberry is my drink as well and never have had a problem. I drank about 6 months after surgery with not issues. Chip
kizie23
on 2/26/06 8:38 am - blacksburg, VA
Nessy I have not tried liquor or beer yet. I am too afraid. Have you tried it out with your friends yet? Melissa
finda_nessy
on 2/26/06 12:11 pm - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
Melissa-- No, I haven't. I am so scared that I will dump. After hearing others experiences about dumping syndrome...I am scared ****less! i think i will just wait...thanks yall.. finda nessy
Matthew C.
on 3/5/06 8:26 am - Niles, IL
I drank 7 months after surgery, OJ and absolute, hold back on the OJ. I had quite a bit and was flying high. felt really good. I had a sip of beer and realized the carbonation wasn't good for me and threw it out. As long as you don't over do it or do the eatting afterwards that sometinmes go along with it (I remember my college days and pizza at 3 am after the afterhours). Matthew PS Enjoy college, it is a great time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views