6 week follow up today/Curves?

special kay
on 2/23/06 7:19 am - Ladson, SC
Hello family. Today was my 6 week appointment and Doc said I'm doing good. I got my G tube taken out and I'm so glad its gone!!! I lost 8 more lbs since my last appointment 2 weeks ago. I was a lil hurt but he said Its normal and I need to realize that I have been loosing weight non stop since July. He said it will start coming off again in no time. I hope I dont platue too long!! So my total weight loss since surgery is 43 lbs and all together I have lost 105 lbs. My next step.. Start working out! Anyone do curves? Do you like it? Kay 450/388/345/175
kizie23
on 2/23/06 11:32 am - blacksburg, VA
Kay, I am so very happy for you. You have done so well. I was at a platue for almost two weeks. My weight stayed the same at 298lbs. Finally a few days ago, it moved down to 295lbs. It was only three pounds, but I was so happy to see it. I do curves, and I love it. I have only been once this week, as its been a very trying week for me. When I started working out at curves, my weight stopped but I honestly think it was because I had started to build muscle. I am glad that its moving again today. Do you use fitday.com. I started to about a week ago, its helped me to keep track and see what I have been eating. Some days my calories get really high other days, they stay around five hundred. Maybe we can start to post that also in our watcha eat today. My father passed away seven years ago today. He never lived to see me make it over on the other side. But, I know that he is smiling down on me know.I can remember being the last one to talk to him on the phone. As a matter of fact, while I was talking to him the phone dropped and he was gone. I wonder what he would think of me now. Anyway didnt mean to bring my personal life into this. I just needed someone to express this with. Melissa
special kay
on 2/23/06 11:47 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks Melissa I am afraid that I am not eating enough. I am never hungry anymore. I never thought I would say that I don't like to eat. Today my surgeon said that I should be eating 3-4 oz at a time. Well I'm not. I am still getting full after 2 oz. I made a promise today that tomorrow I will aim for more protein. I know I'm not getting enough. Doc says 2 protein shakes and I will try to do that. This is has been such a challange but I know I will get the hang of it soon. Dont apologize for venting! We all need to let it out every now and then. Sorry to hear about your Father. I know he is looking down at you with this big grin on his face because he is VERY PROUD!! You have done a good job. I hope your week gets better!! Kay
fanciterv
on 2/24/06 12:04 am - Stafford, VA
Hi Melissa, Your post made me cry. I lost my dad almost 10 years ago. I KNOW he is beaming proud, dancing jigs, and braggin' all 'round. I know 'cause if he were still here he'd be doing it here. I wish I could feel one of his big proud papa hugs right now. I miss him. Thinking about him brings us closer, even now, and I cherish my memories. Thank you for expressing your thoughts, it helped me with mine. Sue K.
sexysweetsweet69
on 2/23/06 11:58 am - Milwaukee, WI
Congrats Kay on your weightloss, I have been wanting to check out curves but haven't had the chance. I just wanted to put to let you know that I am so hpay for you. I think I will do A HAPPY DANCE.
Rosa
on 2/24/06 11:50 am - Milton, DE
Congrats Kay! Rosa
mylilcalla
on 2/24/06 11:23 pm - Bloomington, IN
Hi Kay, Oh I remember that G Tube and how glad I was to see it go! Don't get hung up on the numbers. You LOST 8 more POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work! I went to curves for about 6 months after my surgery. It worked fine at that point and I liked it for awhile. I go to a regular gym now though and I like it more because of the variety of equipment and the cardio machines that Curves lacks. I will say though that the Curves environment allowed me for feel comfortable in my skin when I began to exercise. All I can say is, if it feels good do it! Best, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views