Pretty Depressed

daniel patrick
on 2/22/06 10:44 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Well, I have posted in awhile...but I have been lurking lately. I just haven't been in the mood to post. Hard to believe, but I have been at a loss of words. Well, today I went for my six month check up and I left feeling extremely disappointed and depressed. Since my surgery in August, I have lost about 130 plus pounds. I feel great. I wear weights 5lbs on each ankle) each day and walk a lot, but I haven't been able to convince myself to join the gym. Well, I went to the nutritionist and surgeon today for my six month appointment, only to be told that I look great...but need to slow down on the weight loss. I have lost 85% of my weight and only have about 20 lbs to go. Needless to say, this is where I should be in 12 months..not 6. They said that since I have followed every rule, been anal about the process, exercise as I do, etc... That I need to start increasing calories to slow down the process. They said that I am doing great, but they want me to be careful so that I don't become gastric anorexic. It SUCKS!!! I have tried to do well, I have been very careful, only to find that I have lost too quickly. I have lost too much. It just seems as if the thing that I was doing well, has become the thing that has hurt me. Now, I am on a monthly appointment schedule so that they can monitor me. I know the care and are concerned. I konw that I am fine...I am just so down though... Add more calories... then I might gain. Add more protein (been doing 90 plus)..what else can I do... I am just so defeated at the moment....
Rosa
on 2/22/06 12:01 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Daniel, I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so depressed. Please hang in there and don't be a stranger. Big Hug, Rosa
jeanette
on 2/22/06 2:48 pm - so cal, CA
Hey Daniel, Wow 130lbs thats wonderful!!! But im sure the docs have your best intrest at heart so try to keep your head up and remember thatll itll al come off!! ok take care and keep posting! ~~**jeanette**~~
Cheri B
on 2/22/06 9:57 pm - Forked River, NJ
Well, if this were high school, just think--you would have definitely gotten yourself an A+ with extra credit.....so think of it this way....you did so good on your exams, that you get to sit back and relax a little while everyone else is studying... Stick with the exercising though...you always need that. Just the fact that you have stuck to the rules for so long is awesome. Also, be happy that the doctor is taking such an interest in your care. Many docs do the surgery and when you're out the door, you basically get written off. Count yourself lucky. I know it's really upsetting you, but it will get better. Take care, Cheri
fanciterv
on 2/23/06 1:57 am - Stafford, VA
Hi Daniel, I am sorry you are feeling so down. I have to admit though that I quite envy you. I'm feeling down because I am in a stall. My follow up is next week and I wish they could tell me to slow down the loss! You say "I have tried to do well...." You have done well!!!!!!! You have done Super Great!!!!! You say "It just seems as if the thing that I was doing well, has become the thing that has hurt me." It hasn't hurt you yet. It has in fact greatly helped you!! Aren't you healthier now then you used to be? Aren't you more mobile than you used to be? Do you see yourself as more handsome and attractive than you used to be? I'll bet the answers are a resounding YES! If so, then your next step is to be a careful as you have been until now, adding calories little by little, until you find the right maintenance point for you. You are still in the driver's seat. You control where you stop. You are a successful loser!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I hope this note just gives you a different perspective, it is not intended as a "just do it" sermon. I really am happy for you and I know you will be successful in this next phase. Peace and love, Sue K.
Matthew C.
on 2/23/06 9:27 am - Niles, IL
Well you can go to the gym and lift. As you trim down the muscle will add weight to you. Also, increase the number of times you eat might help get more calories in, just don't over do it and eat good things. I started lifting and hit a plateau. Dr says I will start lossing again soon, but it sucks. Matthew
mylilcalla
on 2/24/06 11:28 pm - Bloomington, IN
Hello! Don't let this get you down. Frankly you are doing a wonderful job, and they are just wanting to monitor you to make sure you are okay. Keep up the good work, increase the calories like they tell you to, and give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done. Don't be so dang hard on yourself! Enjoy the moment and keep that chin of yours up! Hugs, Amy
Richbehr
on 2/25/06 1:41 pm - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Daniel, 130+ pounds in 6 months is nothing to be depressed about. You are a great looking guy and things are only going to get better for you Hugz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views