Approved!

messemike
on 2/21/06 8:07 am - Cumming, GA
Hey gang! I am sort of a lurker and sometimes a poster......anyways, I wanted to share that I found out today that I am approved for surgery. I will probably get a specific date sometime this week. My partner is very happy with the news....but I am a little bit bummed out with my family's response. I told my oldest sister and she just said, "oh, you did" in such a plain, flat voice. I thought she would more supportive as when I first told her I was starting the process of getting approved, etc. My brother acted almost the same way. Maybe it is just me.....maybe I expected a little too much of a response from them, but anyways, my partner's response is what I needed the most. Once the weight is gone, we will be able to take a vacation, cruise, or roller coaster riding together. I won't have to miss out on things that we could to do together. I better get going, but I just wanted to share. I know everyone in this forum is so supportive, caring, and understanding. Buh bye!
kizie23
on 2/21/06 10:33 am - blacksburg, VA
Michael, Cograts to you on your approval. I swear it seems like that is one of the hardest parts of the whole process. Sorry the response you got from you family was not what you were looking for, but please know that you can depend on us here. Melissa
sexysweetsweet69
on 2/21/06 11:01 am - Milwaukee, WI
Congrats on your approval I was also recently approved after being denied for 2 years , so I know how it feels. So again I say congrats and please update us on you date.
Rosa
on 2/21/06 11:44 am - Milton, DE
GO MICHAEL! GO MICHAEL! GO MICHAEL! Congratulations. This is just the begining. Fasten your seatbelt, it's gonna be a wonderful ride! Rosa
special kay
on 2/21/06 2:12 pm - Ladson, SC
Congratulations on getting approved! I hope you get a date soon. Some of my family reacted the same way when I got my date. Sometimes people that are not in our shoes don't understand. I'm excited for ya! Let us know when you get a date. Kay 450/388/353/175ish
dross55
on 2/21/06 9:37 pm - Paoli, PA
Hi Michael, first of all Congrads on your approval! Second, that is partly the reason I have not told anyone in my family about my upcoming GBP on Monday. But also they all live so far away from me all they could do is worry and they all have their own problems to worry about. I figured they will find out at the family gathering in August. Let us know when you get a surg date. Derrick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views