I'm home and finally feeling human

Meltingman
on 2/20/06 6:13 pm - Malvern, PA
Hi all, I'm sorry it has taken so long to post an update. I had my hernia repair on Thursday but did not come home until Saturday morning. They ended up having to do an open proceedure because of all the adheasions. It ended up that that was a better choice since I ended up with a mini tummy tuck. The tighted muscle and skin and removed the large incision, replacing it with a much smaller one. I could still use a tummy tuck I'm sure but will NOT go through that pain again. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced. On top of all the the surgery stuff, I ended up in the ER yesterday with intense Gout pain. It has finally subsided and I feel some what normal with a little abdominal pain. I see the surgeon on Friday and hope to return to work next Monday but we'll see. He has me on a thick liquid diet so I'm now getting a little hungry. I hope I've at least lost some weight. Heath says I have lost a lot but we'll see. Hope everyone is well. Just say NO to tummy tucks...... Oh the pain!!!!! Chip
HealingPixie
on 2/20/06 10:15 pm - Lexington, NC
I am happy to hear you are feeling better and home. Being home all on its self will help you heal even more!! I know it seems alot harder for me to 'feel better' when I am home in my own space. Happy Thoughts!! Lisa/Pixie
finda_nessy
on 2/21/06 3:33 am - Indianapolis (but at college in Evansville), IN
Chip-- I was thinking about you the other day and said a prayer that everything was running smoothly. I am happy that you are home and resting! You have been a trooper. Did you gain any weight in the hospital from all the fluids that they pumped into you? I will continue to pray that you have minor pain and you recover quickly.....keep us updated! finda nessy
Rosa
on 2/21/06 7:18 am - Milton, DE
Hi Chip, I have been thinking a lot about you too. I am so happy you are home safe and sound. Sounds like the tummy tuck sucks! Thanks for the warning. Please take care of yourself, and keep healing. Don't rush to get back to work. Your health is much more important. Big Hug, Rosa
kizie23
on 2/21/06 10:29 am - blacksburg, VA
Chip, Glad to hear that you are home and doing better. Melissa
dross55
on 2/21/06 9:22 pm - Paoli, PA
Hi Chip, Sorry I was unaware of this surgery I've been so tied up in my own stuff. Also so sorry about the pain, sounds like another good reason to think twice about tummy tuck. I really glad you are on the road to recovery. An old friend of mine has the gout too, that is really nasty stuff. Most likely from all the stress. Well Monday I start my journey, wish me well. I hope to be back home by next Thursday, then I'll be home most of March recouping. Hang in there dude, this too shall pass. Soft Hug, Derrick say hey to Heath, tell him one of these days all three of us will meet.
Meltingman
on 2/21/06 10:17 pm - Malvern, PA
Thanks Derrick I though I could wait until spring break for the hernia repair but it started to grow and the bigger they get the harder to fix. As it was It took 4 hours to repair. Your in our thoughts for Monday. Chip
isha kin
on 2/21/06 11:57 pm - brooklyn, NY
I'm glad you're home and feeling human..I was wondering what happened to you. :sends healing energy:You'll be fine.
Cheri B
on 2/22/06 10:39 pm - Forked River, NJ
Hi Chip- I am very happy to hear you are feeling better. I had no idea that a tummy tuck was so painful. We want to have a baby when I hit my two year mark and then I wanted to start thinking about a tummy tuck, but maybe I might reconsider. Gout is a crappy thing to have...super painful. A lot of my patients have it and it's not fun to have to transport them in a very bumpy ambulance. So here is to a halfway normal feeling weekend for you...I hope!!! Take care, -Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views