LOA for Lap RNY? How long for recovery time?

midnitegypsy
on 2/18/06 11:43 am - Lansing, MI
Just wondering how long of a LOA time should I request from my employer? Does anyone have any thoughts? My surgery is to be scheduled in April, and my surgeaons office is kinda sketchy with giving me a timeframe. I work in retail, I am on my feet for 11 hours per day and do quite a bit of lifting in my normal activities. I expect, that I will have to take it easy for a while following surgery. I was just wondering how long some of you were off from work! Thanks for your input and and all the support I have found here! Joy
kizie23
on 2/19/06 12:10 am - blacksburg, VA
Joy, Glad to hear about your up coming wls. I had lap bypass done on December 27th. My surgeon wanted me to stay out of work for at least 4 weeks. (I too stand on my feet all day, I work at a dinning hall on Virginia Tech campus) I on the other hand thought I was ready to go back to work after two weeks. So, my surgeon agreed to let me go back part time for one week, then full time after that. Well, the first week went OK. I was really tired and a little sore when I got back home. The second week, when I was back full time was the killer. I was very sore, tired and by the end of that week was really wishing I had stayed out at least four weeks. But, I believe that each person is very different. What worked or did not for me is going to be different for you. My best advice is to really (and I mean really) listen to what your surgeon has to say about time needed off work. I hope everything goes well with your procedure. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views