A little depressed....

Teresa R.
on 2/13/06 2:14 am - MONTGOMERY VILLAGE, MD
Hello again all, Well I went for the follow up appoinment with the surgeon for the mass on my abdomen and I am very glad that day is over let me tell you. I updated everything in my profile so this post wouldnt be to long. Thanks, Teresa
kizie23
on 2/13/06 10:17 am - blacksburg, VA
Teresa, I am so sorry to hear about the complications you are going through. If you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen or eyes to read typing, please feel free to email me. Melissa
Teresa R.
on 2/13/06 11:10 am - MONTGOMERY VILLAGE, MD
Melissa, thanks so much for continuing to listen to me complain,Im trying so hard to stay positive through this but its so hard.Iam going to keep your listening ear near to me because im sure I will need it.Sometimes I get so discouraged I feel like it has taken me forever to get up enough courage to do something about my weight and now I feel like I am being met by every roadblock possible.I listened to this surgeon the other day tell me I have no business working now and that I need to stay off of my feet and the only thing I found myself sitting there thinking was how completely clueless he really was and that he may as well go ahead and hammer the nails into my coffin for me.Im not ready to die.I have a wonderful partner and for the first time in my life Iam really happy with my significant other but the farther and farther this goes I find myself wondering is this really fair to her?Once again thanks so much for listening and taking the time out of your busy day to care. Teresa
Rosa
on 2/13/06 12:11 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Teresa, I am so sorry to hear about your complications. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Big Hug, Rosa
mylilcalla
on 2/15/06 12:14 am - Bloomington, IN
Hiya Teresa , I just wanted to reach out a friendly set of arms to you for a hug. It sounds like you need one right about now. I totally understand how you are feeling right now. It can most certainly stink. You have to realize, however, that things are going to get better. You are on your way to a healthier life, and taking care of this growth is a first step to making that happen. Did you start on the antibiotics yet? Hopefully that thing will start to shrink soon and it will be only a bad memory of this experience. As for the doctor , keep in mind that there are more doctors out there if this one rubs you the wrong way. You are a consumer, and frankly your doctor needs to be a good fit with you. Have you talked to your primary care physician about this? Maybe you should. Complications so stink (trust me, I know this too well), but you can't let them get you down . The way to get through the tough stuff is to to meet it with your head high and with lots of determination. Don't fall into a hole where it gets you down and things get worse! You can handle this my friend. You are much stronger than you think you are! Things are going to get better, but you have to make it happen. Please let me know how you are doing and know that I am here to listen if you need someone. Take good care, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views