Ive been remiss! Ill try and do better...

Sperandeo
on 2/4/06 12:57 am - Hayward, CA
Hello all.. Im sorry,, I have been away for over a month.. I guess mostly ive been just getting myself adjusted to my new world. I am just about 9 weeks post op and im down 56 lbs. I could not have envisioned a world in which I would have lost this much this fast. The first 6 weeks werent all that great.. but the last 2-3 have been awesome. Im able to eat a little more and have just about everything.. but in VERY small amounts. My surgery was different that most folks in that I had a "VG" or Vertical Gastrectomy which isnt even listed as a weight loss option on this board. Seems like most folks have the RNY surgery and because I didnt have that and almost no one has had my surgery- I guess its hard to find someone to relate to it. My surgery is almost exclusively done here in San Francisco area. In any case. I know we are all tied by our hope to feel better and hopefully live longer too. With that said.. I again would like to thank you for your support. With that said, I will try and be better at being here. I read alot of the posts, but I dont answer that many. I know its a situation in that you get out of it what you put into it. Scary as it sounds- I am craving a diet coke! I rarely had that stuff pre-op.. but its been 2 months and im kind of sick of Crystal Light and Iced Tea and Water. Not that I probably will try it,, but what does a diet coke do to you? Has anyone tried it? Nice to hear you folks are doing great.. Sal
kizie23
on 2/4/06 5:34 am - blacksburg, VA
Sal, Glad to hear that you are doing well. About the diet coke, I have personally not had it. But, one of the nurses at my surgeon's office does drink it on occasion. She says that she lets it sit out and get flat and then she will drink it. I too would love to have a caffeine free diet coke, but I am too afraid to try it. So, if you do try it please let me know how it goes. Melissa
Jessica D.
on 2/4/06 9:53 am - Edmonds, WA
Welcome back, Sal!! Don't be a stranger!! We need your energy around here!! You're doing wonderfully in your weight loss. How are you feeling, beside that craving for a Coke?? I'm not able to have surgery, so I'm a do-it-yourselfer. I've created a food plan, and exercise plan that has helped me lose 52 pounds in the past 6 months!!! It's slow but sure, but as long as I keep moving forward, and I have the support of all of you brothers and sisters---I'm gonna be just fine!!! Take care and come back often!! Jessica
Rosa
on 2/4/06 1:32 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Jessica, I just want to say that I really admire you and the strength you have in loosing weight on your own. You are always so cheerful and helpful to others, and I so love the feedback you give. I just wanted to let you know! Rosa
Sperandeo
on 2/4/06 11:20 pm - Hayward, CA
Jessica wow.. 52 on your own? You are a strong person to get that far on your own.. keep it going.... Ive discovered that weight loss is not that complicated. Calories out must be more than calories in.. DUH!!! Thats how I gained the weight to begin with.. (The reverse of that I mean).. 10 lbs a year after age 30 for 12 years! wasnt that hard to do.. Now that im going back the other direction.. I cant tell you how different my outlook is. Im sure you understand. Thanks Sal
Rosa
on 2/4/06 1:29 pm - Milton, DE
Hiya Sal, So glad you are back and posting. It's great to hear you are doing so well. Please don't be a stranger. Oh, and congrats on the weight loss! Rosa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views