First F/U Office Visit

Rosa
on 2/3/06 11:01 am - Milton, DE
Hello Friends, I had my first follow-up visit today with my surgeon. I have lost 25 lbs.! YIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEE. The only thing she was not happy with was my lack of walking. She has directed me to walk 3 min. a day and then increase it by 1 min. every three days. I will start tomorrow. Otherwise everything was fine. I appear to be healing well. I was planning to start working next week, but she wants me to wait another week. I am self-employed, so that means if I don't work, I don't get paid. Having no sick leave sucks! Oh well, thank God I am not spending as much money on prescriptions and of course food! Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you that I am off most of my meds already, and have decreased my insulin from two types to one. I was taking 25cc, 35cc, & 25cc of the one that I no longer take, and I am down to 25cc from 90cc of the other. Hopefully I will be able to stop that too someday. The thing I am most excited about (other than the weightloss) is that showering has become a pleasure again. Showering has always been one of my favorite things. I am a total water baby, and love getting all clean and shiny and smelling pretty, but during the last two years, showering had become very painful (I still did it because I hate to be fonky ), but it caused me great pain. As soon as I was done I would have to sit down immediately because my back would hurt so much. The last two days I have been able to take nice, long, hot showers. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, so wonderful. Can't wait for the other changes that are coming my way! Love you all!!! Rosa
Merrickkitty
on 2/3/06 1:23 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Congrats on the weight loss, med reduction and nice long showers!!!! I am glad you are doing so well! I feel like I am losing so slowly compared to you and a lot of others on the board...but I am still losing, so that is great! Keep up the great work, soon you'll be down to no cc's on the insulin! What a celebration to have on that day!!! Maureen
Rosa
on 2/4/06 1:41 pm - Milton, DE
Thanks Maureen. You are doing great girl. The surgeon told me to make use of the first three months, because after that the weight loss will slow down quite a bit, so maybe you are losing slowly because it's been a couple of months since your surgery. I think you are doing great! Big Hug, Rosa
Erin C.
on 2/3/06 8:04 pm - Toledo, OH
25 pounds is awesome. Congrats. Walk when you can, it will help. My walking is slow, but I am moving so much better than before surgery. I think it is wonderful that you do not need as much insulin. I was surprised that I was off my meds so quickly. I am hoping that one day you can say the same thing. I understand about the shower thing. I also would be in so much pain after showering that I hated to take one. Now I enjoy it more. All I can say is congrats on the weighloss and the enjoyable showers and everything else you have accomplished so far. Take care Erin
Rosa
on 2/4/06 1:43 pm - Milton, DE
Thanks Erin. It is pretty awesome, isn't it? You keep up the good work too! Rosa
Sperandeo
on 2/4/06 1:02 am - Hayward, CA
Rosa Congrats! YES! Changes are coming and they will amaze you. Its like a return of a old friend you used to have. Just about everyday I have a new (old) thing return to my life that the thin folks just take for granted. (Like being able to tie my shoes easily) If your smiling now at 25lbs.. just wait.. Youre gonna light up the world! ;o) Sal
Rosa
on 2/4/06 1:45 pm - Milton, DE
You got that right, Sal. Life is great!!! Rosa
kizie23
on 2/4/06 5:39 am - blacksburg, VA
Rosa, wow girl 25lbs is great. even though you work at home take it from me, do not rush back into work. i really wish i would have waited. glad also to hear about your meds. Melissa
Rosa
on 2/4/06 1:47 pm - Milton, DE
Melissa, After reading your profile and about that awful trip to the ER, I am so glad to take another week off. I am so glad you are ok now! Rosa
special kay
on 2/4/06 2:42 pm - Ladson, SC
Hey Rosa I'm home now Thanks for emailing me. 25 lbs is great! Your doing very good!! My doc got on me for not walking as well. I guess we both better get our butts in gear. Keep up the good work Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views