Does this count??

kizie23
on 2/2/06 7:45 am - blacksburg, VA
Hey everyone, I just have a question. Today at work I spent five hours walking around wiping down tables, and cleaning floors. (Since my hours changed, I do not have a specific job) My question is will this five hours of walking, bending and stooping count for exercise?? Melissa
Rosa
on 2/2/06 12:39 pm - Milton, DE
Damn girl! Be careful you don't bust a gut!!! Sounds to me like that is for real exercise. I haven't been walking at all like I should. When I have, my back and knees don't hurt like they used to, but I am still out of breath, and that is something that I totally HATE!!! I know I need to do better with that. So how are you girl??? How's it feel to get back to work? I start Tuesday (YUCK). Big Hugs, Rosa
special kay
on 2/2/06 1:04 pm - Ladson, SC
I'd say YES!! If it makes your tired, sleepy or sweat, its officially exercise. Take Care and dont work too hard Kay
Merrickkitty
on 2/2/06 2:31 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Uh Yeah it counts! Maureen (I thought I was doing well cleaning my puny apartment!)
mylilcalla
on 2/3/06 10:43 pm - Bloomington, IN
Melissa, I hate to put a damper on this, but here I go... Although all of this is strenuous and will help you burn calories (and that is a great thing!), my physical therapist/exercise therapist tells me that if it is part of your work and or your "normal" day, it isn't counted as exercise. Exercise is simply purposely moving your body for no other reason but to improve fitness. They tell me that your body adapts to the other activities that make up your day so exercising to be fit on top of all the work and play is the real deal. We all need to get out there and move to improve. It will help you loose faster and will improve your overall fitness. Keep on moving!, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views