GOT MY DATE AND BAD NEWS

sexysweetsweet69
on 1/27/06 11:59 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi family sometimes I feel like I just can't win. Well I finally got my date 3/23. Which I was told there were still dates in Feb, but since I was losing my job 3/17, I was going to have surgery after I made some money,and after my job ended, so we can be 2 to 3 month ahead on our bills, since my partner will be the only one working. Well thursday nite I went to sleep with my mask on (cpap), the hose came out. So I was sleepy as crap on fri. I nodded off while driving and had a accident. I cried for about 5 hours, my eyes look like balloons. I feel like I am in a catch 22, I want to work so that I get my severance packet, to help my partner with the bills. I want to schedule my surgery early, but if i go on fmla i don't think i get my servance packet I just really don't know what to do. Know with the accident that I cause that puts us behind, because I know they are going to sue me.
Nomorehunger
on 1/28/06 3:22 am - Forked River, NJ
Sherry - I am sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you didn't get hurt! I am sure you have insurance and if you do and you do have a lawsuit against you for the accident they will handle it. A friend of mine had a major car accident (there was even a death involved), she is in the middle of her lawsuit but the insurance company is handling everything. So relax, your OK and that is the most important thing.....sometimes things happen, just be happy girl...your going to be healthy and skinny real soon!!!! I wish i knew more about severance packages to tell you if you will still get them. Maybe you can ask your HR department if they know the answer to your question. Julie
Rosa
on 1/28/06 1:18 pm - Milton, DE
Sherry, I am so sorry to hear about your accident, but very happy to know you are ok. That, above all, is the most important thing. Please don't loose perspective of that. Hang in there sweetie. Big Hug, Rosa
Joni R.
on 1/30/06 6:48 am - Elkton, MD, DE
Sherry, I'd check with your HR department with regard to your severance package. I'm a director for a large organization, and when we closed a location recently, the people on FMLA still received their severance packages, but after their FMLA was over. The law reads: "An employee's use of FMLA leave cannot result in the loss of any employment benefit that the employee earned or was entitled to before using (but not necessarily during) FMLA leave." Good luck, and let us know what happens! Joni 309/199/140
Larakatya
on 1/31/06 11:41 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I'm sending you prayers for peace and love. Seems like its just one damn thing after another. I'm wishing for positive things to start coming your way soon, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views