Just found this forum!

Kennyp
on 1/12/06 3:51 am - Conyers, GA
Hi Gang, I was just looking through the forums and found the gay and lesbian site. I got so excited. I had my surgery on 7-19-04 and am now 18 months post op. Recently, i began eating cookies, cakes, candys, etc.... You name it and i would eat it. In the last week or so i have cleaned up my food but i have gaine about 25 lbs back. I find it very hard to talk with straight people about this because most of them are so judgemental or else you tell them you are gay and they just don't want to talk with you. Are there any local people out there, Atlanta Metro, who have had this surgery and would like to talk? Are there any local groups just for us gays who have had this surgery? Help!
Ferchie
on 1/12/06 5:47 am - Twin Falls, ID
WELCOME KEN!!!! I hope you enjoy your stay here, everyone is wonderful!!! Take care Jeremy
Racer13
on 1/12/06 6:20 am - Dallas, TX
Not sure about Local Atlanta groups, but welcome to the OH GLBT family! We are all accepting and understanding here and we are GLAD to have you! Welcome!
kizie23
on 1/12/06 7:27 am - blacksburg, VA
Ken, Welcome aboard. Make yoursefl at home here. Melissa
sexysweetsweet69
on 1/12/06 8:56 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hello ken, I am glad you found us
messemike
on 1/12/06 9:43 am - Cumming, GA
Hello Ken- I guess I am considered to be in the Metro Atlanta area....I live in ******* (of all places for a gay man to live..lol) in Forsyth County. I am not sure how far that is from Conyers as I am still settling into Georgia since moving here almost two years ago. Anyways, I am pre-op and starting the process. I have been deemed a great candidate from the psychologist, but I am just waitng to get some more info and recommendation from a PCP. Then I meet the surgeon and then wait for approval from insurance, which I have spoken with already who said the procedure is covered under my policy. I am hoping to have the actual surgery completed sometime this spring. As of now, I don't know of any groups in Georgia for GLBTs who are planning or who have had WLS. It would be nice if they did to possibly has monthly meetings/support groups. Let me know if you find anything.
Rosa
on 1/12/06 11:56 am - Milton, DE
Hi Ken! Welcome to the best board at OH. You will find here some wonderful people who are always willing to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. Stick around, you will love it! Rosa
Cam L.
on 1/13/06 9:48 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Ken! I am in Charleston, not exactly your area. I just had the surgery myself but I have sooo many friends who have had it. I think the best advice I can give you from my friends is that now that you have had the surgery loosing weight isn't like before. Many of them have stepped off the path but you can loose weight now like a normal person. A reasonable diet and exercise will give you results because even though you have strayed you still have the tool of WLS. Anyway welcome to the board, this is a great and wonderful place!!!! Cam
Jessica D.
on 1/13/06 12:12 pm - Edmonds, WA
If you can't find a local support group, and even if you do, this is a wondeful place to come to talk, get support, advice, and many kind, thoughtful listening ears to tug on when you need to. You're among family here. No judgements. No scolding. Just support, encouragement, community, and friendship. Come back and talk to us often. This board is really quite active, and everyone is working toward the same goal: wellness; both physical and emotional. Be good, Jessica
sharlit
on 1/13/06 1:38 pm - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with
Gidday Ken welcome - stick around - this is a really supportive board. Charlotte
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views