hello all - Jeremy here

Ferchie
on 1/11/06 4:08 am - Twin Falls, ID
Hello all, well I survived the ER.... thank goodness I did not get admitted, they pumped me full of IV fluids and made sure I was not vomiting anymore then sent me home. I did ok and did not yak again until this morning around 3. same stuff too.... it is so nasty... when I went into the ER I took in a baggie of what I was vomiting and they said it was bile... gross... no matter how many times you brush your teeth that is just something that stays with you for a while.... so now I am doing the post op diet thing again clear liquids soft foods etc till my pouch feels better... I hope that is going to be soon, I feel hungry but everytime i eat something I wanna yak it up , I am trying to get my fluids up too, apparently I was not drinking enough and that is why i ended up in the ER in the first place, severe dehydration, sinus infection and stomach flu... not a good combo, not a good combo at all... let me tell you how much that sucked - ALOT! So take it from me if you think you can just slide by the water thing with just the bare minimum of what you should be drinking you are sorely mistaken, drink alot, drink all the time, drink more than you normally would especially if you are sick, you are losing fluids and and you need fluids, fluids are a very important thing... water, crystal litght, unsweetened tea, jello - very important!!!
chubbychub
on 1/11/06 6:58 am - camp hill, PA
I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better. I know we were all praying for you. I am sure it was nice not to have to be admited and be at home. Take care, and drink drink drink!
kizie23
on 1/11/06 8:46 am - blacksburg, VA
Jeremy, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I was starting to worry about you. I hope you continue to get your fluids in. please keep us posted. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/06 8:46 am
Hi Jeremy! You poor thing! On top of being sick you have a sinus infection too? I was hosptialized post op for nauseau, vomitting and dehydration, it certainly isn't any fun. Your right, the liquids are very important! It's so hard because when you are vomitting the last thing you want to do is take in more water, in fear that it will come right back up. Take care of yourself and rest up!! Jaimee
Rosa
on 1/11/06 9:26 am - Milton, DE
Hi Jeremy! I am so very happy to hear that you are feeling better. We were all very worried about you when we didn't hear for a couple of days. Hang in there sweetie! Rosa
sharlit
on 1/11/06 5:21 pm - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with
Hey Jeremy Just take good care of yourself - alright! Charlotte
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/06 9:58 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Yeah! You're up and about! Other than the nastiness you've been dealing with, how are you feeling from the surgery? Have you made any good medical support contacts locally/stateside?
Meltingman
on 1/11/06 10:14 pm - Malvern, PA
Jeremy, I'm so glad you are home but sorry to hear you continue to have problems with keeping things down. Thanks for reminding us of the importance of getting in liquid. It is so easy to fall behind. Hang in there you're going to be better before you know it. I hope there is a silver lining and you have lost a lot of weight. Take Care, Chip
Kennyp
on 1/12/06 3:54 am - Conyers, GA
Try eating the sugar free popsicles. They will work wonders for an upset stomach or a stomach having spasms from the excessive vomiting. I vomited for the first 5 1/2 months after surgery and know where you are coming from. JUst eat very very very small portions and several times a day and that helps. Good Luck, Ken
& Then Some
on 1/12/06 6:38 am - in, FL
Jeremy! Glad your better!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views