v-day question

elliegb
on 1/9/06 2:46 pm - Atlantic Beach, NY
hi y'all! i've posted a couple times here. my last post was about getting to know a woman that i'm interested in, and we recently met up after a long time of just emailing. after getting together, i realize, i REALLY like her, and she has so many wonderful qualities that i'm looking for in a partner. we've talked about our past relationships and what we're looking for in the future, but have never mentioned anything regarding "us". she talks about really needing to get to know someone over a long period of time, and so i know she takes things nice and slow. my dilemma: i was going to spring indigo girls tickets on her, but the show was sold-out here. so, my next question is, should i send her something for v-day? i don't know how she feels about me! do i take the chance?? and risk the rejection?? i know we have a really good connection, but i'm scared it's just as friends, on her end. what do you think? ps-she really likes hot cocoa, curling up to a movie, etc...so i was thinking, i'd send her a variety of diff hot cocoas, and a dvd. BUT, do i send a valentine's day card?? be mine?? lol
meatballiz
on 1/10/06 1:17 am - verona, PA
if you're being really crazy, you should ask her what's she's doing on v-day and suggest coming over with a movie and some cocoa. and don't try to make things happen... just take it slow and make her want you as much as you want her. the more you spend time with her the better you'll know if she's interested! but don't push for a "be mine, let's be together" kinda thing just yet. just my opinion. good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 2:37 am - Milwaukee, WI
Send the card! Send the card! Send the card! You may regret it if you don't and VD only comes once a year! Love the cocoa, movie idea. And send her a mix cd of your fave IG songs.
elliegb
on 1/10/06 11:23 am - Atlantic Beach, NY
You're right! I will send something! Tonite I went to Whole Foods (an organic market that's a chain--we're both into natural/organic foods/farming) and got her a nice canister of hot chocolate, 5 different bars of different brands/tastes of dark chocolate (which she's told me she loves!)...so, i'm gonna include that plus a mix if IG songs. sound good? hope so... thanks again for your reply!!
Jessica D.
on 1/10/06 10:52 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey Ellie, I'd be your girlfriend for Indigo Girls tickets!!! I'm kidding, but they are my favorite group and I've been following them since the early 80's! I think you should get one of those cards they have labeled, "just getting to know you Valentines". Hallmark has smartened up and realized we're not all in a "I love you more than life itself mode"---and came out with some 'I am enjoying getting to know you' cards. That keeps things low key, but you're letting her know she matters. And the cocoa idea: Wonderful!! It's not like you're trying to buy her love: it's cocoa for goodness sakes!! I think the idea of a movie and a surprise gift of cocoa and a disk of IG songs sounds like a great plan. I wish you the best of luck with this. Allow it to develop as it will. Just be genuinely you. In your heart, I know, you'd love to know exactly what she's thinking, but what you really need to do is allow her to figure that out. It takes time, and who's in a rush!!! Not you!! Let us know what you decide!!! Jessica
elliegb
on 1/10/06 11:21 am - Atlantic Beach, NY
Thanks JEssica! Your post made a lot of sense, and I really appreciate your thoughts You're right, there's no rush here! That's fab that you love IG, too! I have a framed ticket and guitar pick from Amy! Wahoo! Are you seeing them on tour this time around? Anyway, thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 12:05 pm - MILTON, DE
Hi Ellie, Sounds like you have a wonderful idea for a nice basket. Maybe add a couple of nice smelling candles, and some hershey's kisses (for a hint). You sound really special and she is very blessed to have you interested in her. Just take it slow and watch your heart. Big Hug, Rosa
elliegb
on 1/10/06 2:15 pm - Atlantic Beach, NY
thank you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views