Lets talk about the L word

special kay
on 1/8/06 12:35 pm - Ladson, SC
Hey family!! So what did you think? Is everyone watching it again since it came on back to back? Well, I enjoyed it and I'm very excited its back on. I was having shane withdrawls Speaking of shane, OMG she looks so HOT this season!! I like the curly hair look. I was cracking up at her in the dress I like her single and being a player but I guess I can get use to her being with that chick. (cant think of her name) What do you think of Alice and Dana breaking up? Are you surprised? I have always liked Laura so its cool. My gf is mad because she dont like how they have alice acting I love the drama. I'm thinking that the straight guy in the baby class is who Tina is going to have an affair with Whatcha think? So what do you think? What did you like? what didn't you like? Kay
Rosa
on 1/8/06 12:57 pm - Milton, DE
Well Ms. Kay, my girls are back in town! It was good girl. I would really like to see Alice and Dana back together, but the way Ms. A is acting, doesn't look like that will happen. She absolutely cracks me up! I do like Laura too tho. I will be so pissed off if Tina has an affair with a guy, but I think thats what will happen. What did you think of that social worker? I am a social worker myself, but I felt like throwing that b**** out of her wheelchair! And what about that beautiful baby. OMG she is soooo sweet. She's gonna have some issues if the mamas don't put her down on occasion. Then again if I was that baby, I wouldn't want Bette to put me down at all. Know what I mean??? I see that crazy Jenny is still crazy as ever. They could take her out of the show and I would be happy. OMG and what about Helena??? I thought they sent her skanky butt back to England! That Shane is a hottie, but still too skinny for me. I do like her 'tude tho. And Carmen is muy caliente! All these hot babes, I better go get my girl before I get in trouble! LOL Big L Hug, Rosa
Merrickkitty
on 1/8/06 1:04 pm - EAST BAY, CA
L Word, Well, the "straight" guy thing is sooooo obvious. The whole evil-social worker was over done, as was Tina's aversion to all things vaginal! I mean she was all over it all last season. Shane is hot, hot, hot, and I like her with Carmen (could she have lost MORE weight during hiatus?) Alice and Dana were so over at the end of last season, when Alice got all possissive and stalky over Dana. I don't like the Tourette's crazy take on her personality...I think it's possible to get over someone without stalking and needing psyco-topic drugs. I thought the scene with Carmen and Shane in Carmen's family's house was HOT, even if Shane was in a dress...well, sort of in a dress I am looking forward to Jenny's return to the dynamic. Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 1:05 pm - Oakdale, CA
I know I haven't been around for awhile, but I knew I could come here and talk about tonight's show!!! I am so mad at the opening episode!!! Although I was so happy to have it back, I think they didn't do a good job developing the story! It starts off leaving a whole bunch of stuff out. We didn't get to see Alice and Dana break up, Dana is now some nut job in this season, Jenny (who always has some major crisis going on) has been living with her parents and meets some new love who is going to move back to LA with her, and then they don't really have anything interesting going on with Tina and Bette (they make them seem boring and pathetic). I just hope it gets a lot better. Although I can't wait to see more of Carmen and Shane
P566
on 1/8/06 4:44 pm - SoCal., CA
I don't like how Alice is being made into a depressed angry pillpopping stalker. I just loved her happy funny character of past episodes. The Bette & Tina relationship is continueing to drag on with problems(boring). The social worker was an ass. I think I would've told her to leave and demand another S.W. to evaluate the case. Something has got to change to put some spark back into the mix. I found myself thinking of going to bed before it was over.
mylilcalla
on 1/8/06 8:38 pm - Bloomington, IN
Hello... Okay now I have waited patiently for this season's opener, but I was disappointed and I found myself wondering why I stayed up to watch this when I have to get up at 5 am. They left so much out of this show that I felt like I had missed a whole season.. Seems as though none of the characters are themselves at this point. The most disappointing to me was Alice. She is usually completely funny and entertaining. They have sent her from being funny to being a nut case without seeing what got her there. Too much weird is not a good thing. Obviously they are moving Alice into the crazy girl role while they move Jenny quickly into the okay now I am sane role. Bette and Tina are boring now, I like Shane and Carmen but it takes something away from the show, Dana and Laura could be pretty boring too. I don't know, maybe I just expected something great instead of a bad lesbian soap opera. I miss Queer as Folk. There I said it. The plots there were much more believable and not so over the top weird. I am thinking next week I will jus****ch The L Word On Demand on Monday. I sure hope this gets better... Amy
Cheri B
on 1/9/06 1:37 am - Forked River, NJ
Okay...here is my 2 cents... I am getting nuts everytime they say contact parenting concerning the baby. This is so dangerous and it sets such a bad example for new parents out there. As an EMT I see / hear about soooo many cases of babies dying from suffocation because of the whole shared bed thing. One of our crews lost a baby from this just a month and a half ago. On top of that, the baby is 6 months old and she needs to be crawling and exploring. UGH!! I don't know...call me old fashioned, but after going through this stage with our three, I think the writers should be mindful of how scary this is--along with being absolutely no good for the development of her motor skills. Second point...and then I will shut up!!! Here we are in season three and we STILL don't definitively know what the hell happened to Jennifer. Was she molested? Was she raped by her father??? OY!!! Well, I guess that's why all of us tune in every week!!! Until the next episode!!! PS--Why is Helena all of a sudden so friendly??? -Cheri
Merrickkitty
on 1/9/06 8:34 am - EAST BAY, CA
I had concerns about the contact parenting. If they never let the child go, how would they know if they could even crawl, or turn over or advance like a normal baby. Sleeping with the baby is scarey, I have done it in the past but only as a back up, not as a primary situation, and I did not get much sleep at all worrying about smothering the child. I wondered both about Jenny's situation and why Helena is supposed to be so like-able. I must say one more time....ew ew ew to what they are doing to Alice. M
Rosa
on 1/9/06 12:36 pm - Milton, DE
My other two cents worth... I really enjoy this show, although sometimes it can be a little trying. I think a lot of it is "tongue-in-cheek" humor. I find the whole Alice thing funny. If it were real life, then I wouldn't, but it is a soap opera after all. I think Alice will get herself together eventually. I'm just glad they have someone else who is "loopy" other than Jenny this season. Jenny is the one that really drives me batty. Part of the fun for me is the outrageousness of it all. Maybe it's just me, but I love the stupid stuff on the show. Not to say that there aren't some serious aspects to it, because I know I have been moved to tears at times in previous seasons. I just hope they are better with consistancy than they have been in the past. By the way, does anyone in LA comb their hair???? For serious lesbian drama, check out Fingersmith on LOGO. Very well written and acted. From the same people who did Tipping the Velvet. Enjoy and have fun!!! Great big hugs, Rosa
meatballiz
on 1/10/06 1:13 am - verona, PA
we didn't get to watch it until this morning since we getting ready for work when it really comes on. =( i have to say we loved the alice-dana car chase scene. it was so funny! it was like a full blown hollywood car chase! i started busting out laughing just thinking about it whilei'm typing this!!!!!i laughed so hard i cried! why didn't dana just hang up on her?!! but alice popping pills and being completely insane was a little too much (i mean, she has a SHRINE to dana. come on!) my girlfriend said as soon as tina looked at that straight guy that "they were going to hook up!" gross. i really hope tina doesn't question her sexuality, but, that would be an interesting story line. and the contact parenting thing? that's insane. and the social worker thing was a little much! of course alice slammed into her car. at first i thought helena would have an affair with bette? maybe i just didn't hear what the card reader said about back to back, face to face? who knows WHAT'S going on with jenny. did her father rape her? most of her scenes annoy me. she's constantly changing! and shane and carmen? at first i thought carmens mom would throw shane out, but i should have known better. getting shane into that dress was just not right. but i guess she'll do anything for carmen. (can i say ***** shane would do anything for ***** lol) i don't like shane's hair style, but she's still hot. who thinks laura and dana will stay together? and kat has menopause. whoopie. i think i go have to start my on-demand up and go watch that car chase scene again though!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views