Mixing protein

special kay
on 1/7/06 7:46 am - Ladson, SC
Hey family! I just started drinking protein shakes today and was not sure how many scoops I should use and how much milk or water I should use. Its Chocolate, Designer Whey. The directions say.... Add 1-3 scoops to 3-10 oz of water or milk. The taste is ok but not as bad as I thought it would be. I used 1 scoop and 8 oz of skim milk. Do you think it taste better with water? Do you use 2 scoops instead of 1? I used a shaker cup and it mixed really well. No clumps. Thanks Kay 6 days til surgery
kizie23
on 1/7/06 8:34 am - blacksburg, VA
Kay, I use that same kind. I tried it with milk first, it was ok. But, then I tried it with water. Yuck to me it was really nasty. I will stick with using the milk. Here lately I have only been drinking the milk w/o the powder. Melissa
daniel patrick
on 1/7/06 8:38 am - Glen Burnie, MD
I have the answer... I have the answer... Finally a question that I know the answer tooooooo.... YIPPEEE!!!! I have been using this product probably a week after surgery... It is my daily breakfast and my protein booster... Here is what I do..... I use one scoop of powder to about 8 oz. of water. I don't use milk because I don't want to add the calories...but using milk is fine..and it makes it taste better. Generally, I make a "half gallon" of it for the week. I mix it in an old orange juice container. Not only do I drink this in the morning for my breakfast... I also add some of this liquid to my hot chocolate. It is an easy and somewhat tastey way to do protein. It WILL clump though..if you put powder to hot liquid...so becareful. Also, I recommend Carb Countdown. It is a "sugar reduced" milk product. The chocolate version is great...a little of this with a little protein powder...yummmmo!!!!
special kay
on 1/7/06 9:36 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks for replying Daniel I will try it in water when I have one this evening. I am also going to try adding it to hot chocolate. That sounds yummy since I LOVE sugar free hot chocolate. Thanks for telling me about Carb Countdown. I will add that to my shopping list when for when I go shopping next week for surgery. You were a bundle of information! Thanks so much Take Care Kay 6 days til surgery
daniel patrick
on 1/7/06 9:44 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Sweetness... When it comes to hot chocolate, may I recommend Swiss Miss Diet (with Calcium) it has the least amount of sugar in it..... d
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/06 9:41 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I second this recommendation. It tastes really good, too!
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/06 9:44 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Another thing to consider is Soy Slender, a soy milk with reduced sugar. Of all the soy milks, this one tastes the best to me and comes in vanilla, chocolate and cappuccino. All taaste great with protein mixes. Personally, I'd recommend mixing your powder with at least skim milk, soy or lower carb milk. As a woman, you will need the calcium and the milk in any of these forms will help. The calories in a cup of skim milk are only about 70, yet provide you with some good nutrition, including protein.
special kay
on 1/8/06 8:53 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks for the tips, Jen Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views