New to this Board

jbaker1362
on 1/5/06 4:21 pm - Orrtanna, PA
Hello All! I am 3 mos post op and have lost 71lbs. I am also dealing with soming out as well. Last year I made a resolution to loose weight and to put me first for once. So I have had the surgery and I am slowly delaing with coming out. I read this board daily and find great comfort. So, I just wanted to say hello! Jim
dross55
on 1/5/06 8:36 pm - Paoli, PA
Hi Jim, Welcome to the GLTB Forum. Boy you do have a lot on your plate with both the WLS and coming out. Congrads on the wt. loss, sounds really good to me. I came out back in '69 while serving in the US Navy during the Vietnam conflict. But remembering back, it was certainly not a fun time. But over the years I have found that I made the best decision I could for myself. We folks dealing with both obesity problems along with sexual idenity have a double whammy, and tend not to think of what we need, well it sounds real healthy that you are putting you first! This groups is the best at supporting our community! Again welcome and best of luck in your journey. Huggers, Rick
special kay
on 1/6/06 3:32 am - Ladson, SC
James: Welcome to the family! You will find some really good friends and support here. Congratulations on your weight loss and coming out. If things get a little stressful with coming out, just hang in there and keep telling yourself that your doing it for YOU! In the long run you will be happy you made that decision. Keep up the great work with that weight loss! Kay 7 days left!!!
kizie23
on 1/6/06 4:23 am - blacksburg, VA
Jim, Welcome aboard. I have found great comfort in this board as well. So, you are 3 months post op and down 71 pounds. I think that is great. Congrats on the weight loss. About the coming out part, I dont know what to say other than I hope things work out well for you. There are lots of guys on here, I am sure maybe some of them will have some suggestions for you if you need them. HUGGSSS, Melissa
Rosa
on 1/6/06 1:20 pm - Milton, DE
Welcome Jim. You will find wonderful people here. We are a very supportive and loving group. Coming out is a very difficult process, but well worth it in the end. Most important thing to remember is that those who truly love you will love you no matter what. Those *****ject you, as painful as it may be, you are better off without anyway. God bless you on both your journies. Take care, and please post more often. Big Hugs, Rosa
Racer13
on 1/6/06 6:10 pm - Dallas, TX
Welcome Jim! Congrats on your weight loss and your decision to come out. It is a tough road but as the others said, its well worth it. The folks on this board are EXCELLENT and very loving and supportive, welcome to our family! Robert
Meltingman
on 1/7/06 11:32 pm - Malvern, PA
Welcome to the board Jim and congratulations on the weight loss. Chip
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views