Very Important, Please read

kizie23
on 1/5/06 4:43 am - blacksburg, VA
I don't know how many of us read off the main board, but I do. I was browsing through the posts for today and someone posted that she had goggled her name and found lots of her posts from this site. SO, I also goggled my name. I found on like the third page Melissa Smith, Obesity Help. I clicked on it, and low and behold there was my profile. I had no clue that would happen. Does anyone know how to change my name, so that my real name does not appear???? Melissa
isha kin
on 1/5/06 5:27 am - brooklyn, NY
that is the exact reason that I started using an Alias on OH I honestly forgot how I changed my name on oh but I'll find out for you and let you know this is a big issue my best friend discovered my profile that way and she knew about me wanting to have surgery so it was fine but I don't everone reading my oh profile only fellow oh'ers and close friend and family so yeah that name on my profile is actually the name of and underground band
kizie23
on 1/5/06 10:05 am - blacksburg, VA
Thank you, I found out how to change it. I was so upset. Melissa
daniel patrick
on 1/5/06 6:53 am - Glen Burnie, MD
I posted on the Men Board...and this is the response I received.... RE: GOOGLE!!!!!!!!! Dear Daniel, I am one of the developers here on the OH site. Thanks for the heads-up -- we thought we had changed the entire site to only display the full last-name of posters to logged-in members, but it appears we had missed one place, and that is where your name shows up. We will have the corrected webpages in place this afternoon to fix this, and your name should start fading from Google's caches. Member last names should *ONLY* be visible to people who are logged in to ObesityHelp.com. Anyone else, including search engine robots, should see first name and last initial (unless your last name starts with a non-alphabetical character). Once again, thanks for catching this, and I apologize for missing this page. --Daniel
kizie23
on 1/5/06 10:06 am - blacksburg, VA
Daniel, Thank you so much for getting the info. I have changed my name with no intentions of changing it back. Melissa
daniel patrick
on 1/5/06 10:29 am - Glen Burnie, MD
HOW did you change your name??????
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views