I made it/ gas pains/ thank you

kizie23
on 12/30/05 8:57 am - blacksburg, VA
Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that I made it through surgery ok. There were no complications and I was able to come home last night. Today on the other hand has been something different. I have been having extreme gas pains. I mean its be so unreal the pain. All day I tried to go without my pain medication, but finally around 3pm I could not take then pain anymore and took some. It was like an instant relief of the pain. I do feel the pains starting to come back and I do not want to become dependant on the meds. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also wanted to say thank you for all the prayers, and well wishes. I will be sure to post more when I am feeling better. Thanks so much, Melissa now 3 days post op.
Merrickkitty
on 12/30/05 9:42 am - EAST BAY, CA
Melissa, First, I would like to congratulate you on the successful surgery, and second, I found that drinking ho****er helped a great deal. I basically sat with a heating pas on my mid back, and drank ho****er and I avoided some medication. I still took it, I am a pansy when it comes to pain, and if I have pain reliever, I'll take it as long as necessary. Hope it helps. Maureen
Erin C.
on 12/30/05 10:13 am - Toledo, OH
glad to see you are home from surgery and that you did not have any complications. Not sure what to tell you about the issues you are having. Just listen to your body, it will tell you what to do. Take care Erin
Andrea N.
on 12/30/05 11:00 am - Ashland, VA
I'm so glad you are home and like I said you are doing great. I know you are in a bit of pain now but it will only get better each and every day. I have not had my surgery (as you know) but from all of my reading I know that they say to walk and sip, walk and sip. Supposedly the walking will move those gas pains right out of you and honey if you need the meds take them, better to be comfortable to walk and hopefully the combination will make things all better. Anyway, I am glad to know you are home Andrea
sexysweetsweet69
on 12/31/05 5:20 am - Milwaukee, WI
Welcome back, get you some Keep us posted when you are feeling better.
& Then Some
on 12/31/05 7:05 am - in, FL
Melissa Welcome to the LOSING SIDE! Walking is good for gas pain relief. Talk to your doctor about Over the counter anti-gas products. Good luck
Cam L.
on 1/1/06 5:14 am - Seattle, WA
Yeh!!!!! I am so glad you made it through the surgery ok! I know the gas pains suck but Maureen is right, some warm/hotish liquids are the best. Also ask your Dr. if you can take something over the counter for gas pains. I take chewable gas-X (cherry flavor) and they seem to help quite a bit for me. I was alowed to have those right away. It made it easier to avoid using the pain meds. But ask your Dr. first!!! Welcome to this side of the fence! I am 17 days post op and already down 19lbs so it is worth all that you have been through! We are here cheering for you! Cam
Racer13
on 1/2/06 2:27 am - Dallas, TX
Congrats on coming through! I used and still use gas-x for the gas pains. They were a lot worse right after surgery until I figured out that I am now lactose intolerant...our bodies definatly change after surgery so its trial and error at times to figure out whats causing the problems. Ask your doctor about the gas x and maybe experiment with dairy if your using it. Good luck and Way to go! Robert RNY 7/18/05 428/324/?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views