Date change/Vitamins

special kay
on 12/29/05 7:09 am - Ladson, SC
Hi everyone I hope you had a wonderful christmas. I sure did. I got everything I wanted. My gf spoils me and I just Love it. A couple days before xmas, The nurse called me and changed my surgery from Jan 24 to Jan 13. I am starting to buy some stuff I need for before and after surgery a little at a time so I have a question about Vitamins... What brand do you use? I was told to get Liquid or chewable. Do you get any brand or a brand that is for WLS patients? I want to get whats best for me. What kind of Sublingual B-12 do you take? Is that a certain brand. I know some people say they get whats on sale and some say they get only the best. So tell me what kind you use and where you get them from PLEASE? Thanks Kay
TheRealMe
on 12/29/05 7:14 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
I buy my liquid viatimins and liquid calcium from www.bariatriceating.com. I measure a double protion into a water bottle, add a cyrstal lite to go flavoring and water ...the calcium is white and the vitamins orange so even with flavor added I can tell which bottle is which....then I drink 1/2 of each bottle at a time ..vitamins with meals, calcium 2 hours before or after the vitamins. b-12 I got at Walmart ..cherry flavored ...works fine I tried the children's chewables first but found them too yuckky sweet. Best of luck on your surgery ... hope you find it as easy to deal with as I did. Jody
special kay
on 12/29/05 7:25 am - Ladson, SC
Thanks Jody for your reply Kay
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 9:16 am - Milwaukee, WI
I take Centrum Chewables (either the adult chewables or the rugrats kids--same thing) and take one 2 x a day. (and you can find them at any drugstore, wallmart, etc). I also take a liquid B-12 that I buy at the vitamin shop (about $8 for a bottle that's lasted 4 months). I'm supposed to be taking a calcium citrate supplement now, too, but I can't stand the taste of any of them.
ChaadMN
on 12/29/05 9:43 am - Otsego, MN
Vitamins: I take Centrum Chewable (1 pill twice a day) I buy it at Sam's club and the HUGE bottle lasts me forever. For some reason I feel stoopid buying childrens vitamins. Calcium: I take Viactive for women ( 1 cube twice a day) I also buy this at Sam's club, but you can get it anywhere. My favorite flavor is chocolate. B-12: I give myself monthly injections
& Then Some
on 12/30/05 2:35 am - in, FL
Hey Kay, Yeah! Your day is almost here!! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Mine was good too Initially I took flinstone chewables then switched to Bariatric Advantage Chewables twice a day. You can find them online with their name. My doctor also recommeded Biotin. It seems that it helps with hair loss. Must have because I didn't have much loss! They can be chewed and really are tasteless. I do the B12 injections. Jo
Cheri B
on 12/30/05 5:07 am - Forked River, NJ
Hello... I haven't been on here in a while, just read your post. Congratulations on a quicker date! It's fun for once not having to make a weight loss resolution! For vitamins I take two Flinstone Complete chewables per day. I simply cannot afford the bariatric-specific vitamins. They contain everything you need along with biotin. (Although I have to say that it did not affect the hair loss that I experienced because I have been on them from the start and still lost hair. Hair loss will happen--but it affects everyone differently.) I too take Viactiv for calcium. Once in the morning and the second one at night. One thing I found out that I was doing wrong was taking my vitamin and having the first half of my protein shake right after. I make mine with milk and when you consume milk on top of iron in a vitamin, the iron gets washed out of your system. (I only found out about this because the pediatrician warned me about the kids.) Good luck
kizie23
on 12/30/05 9:03 am - blacksburg, VA
Kay, Congrats on the date. I can feel your excitement. I am taking a wal-mart brand childrens chewable vit. I take it twice a day. As for the B-12, my doc recommends that we have a shot done in his office once monthly. He says that our bodies absorb it better that way. Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views