saw the surgeon

Erin C.
on 12/29/05 5:19 am - Toledo, OH
I had my two week check up yesterday. I am healing nicely. I have lost 16 pounds since I was in the hospital. Which surprised me because my feet are twice their normal size. The surgeon gave me some lasix to help. Everyday I feel so much better. I am still sleeping in the livingroom, but I know eventually that will change. Hope everyone else is doing well. Take care Erin
special kay
on 12/29/05 7:12 am - Ladson, SC
Hi Erin Its good to hear that your doing good. Congrats on the 16 lbs. Take Care and Keep us posted. I love to hear about everyones progress. Kay
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 9:14 am - Milwaukee, WI
That's great news! Pretty soon you'll be back in your bedroom at night. And 16 pounds? YEAH for you!!!!!
Jessica D.
on 12/29/05 11:36 am - Edmonds, WA
Yaaa!! You're home and on the mend! Don't worry about the fluffy feet syndrome: with all the fluid shifts from the IV fluids you got during/after surgery---your body's trying to catch up. It takes a few weeks sometimes, but the Lasix will help, and your body will stop trying to store fluid soon... You remember to take care of yourself--elevate your feet when you're sitting down, and take your pee pill daily!!! Don't let the swelling stop you from moving. Walk and keep your body moving within the limits that your body sets for you. You'll know when you've done too much, but right now, you have to keep ambulating... I'm glad you're feeling better, too! Jessica
dross55
on 12/29/05 9:06 pm - Paoli, PA
You go girl, glad to hear of your progress. Keep up the broth and such because when you have the effect of the lasix it gets rid of a lot of your electrolytes. The walking is a must too as it helps get the fluid from the tissues back to the kidneys so you can rid yourself of the excess fluids. A very soft Hug coming at ya! Derrick
& Then Some
on 12/30/05 2:41 am - in, FL
Congratulations!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views