Food

kizie23
on 12/16/05 11:45 pm - blacksburg, VA
Today I am going to finally get everthing else I need to begin my new life. I have somethings like broth, cib, s/f jello, s/f pudding, apple juice, lite cranberry juice. I also have tuna, and eggs. So, if anyone has anything else they can think of that I need to add to what I have please let me know. Thanks, Melissa
Merrickkitty
on 12/17/05 12:17 am - EAST BAY, CA
S/F popicles Don't get a lot of these things. A can of broth lasts me 5 meals, and after that, I am pretty sick of broth. I did get some potato buds with a couple of jars of different gravy. It doesn't sound great, but 2 ounces of potatos and an ounce of gravy tastes really good after a couple weeks of broth and jello. Maureen
kizie23
on 12/17/05 3:25 am - blacksburg, VA
Maureen, Thank you, I bet it did taste good after only having jello and broth. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/05 5:56 am - Milwaukee, WI
I did broth, s/f pudding, runny cream of wheat and protein shakes my first 2 weeks. THen I moved on to pureed eggs, mashed potatoes (in moderation--the carbsdon't give you much nutritional value) pureed chicken. And in my liquid phase I also pureed soups. But most importantly, have on hand seasonings and spices. You'll appreciate them much more post op.
kizie23
on 12/17/05 11:20 am - blacksburg, VA
Jen, I have some spices that I have used pre-op, like adobe seasoning, soul food seasoning, meat tenderizer (sp) and cinnomon(sp), I know I cant use sugar anymore, so I didnt buy coffe. Thank you so much for your reply. Melissa
dross55
on 12/18/05 8:37 pm - Paoli, PA
Melissa, I haven't had the post-op siduation yet, but as a nurse your seasonings seem a bit high on the sodium side. If your B/P was a problem before the surgery, the high sodium content may give you problems. A common thread I find in many postings is that post-op people have a an acute awareness of flavors so that may guide you more than anything else. Best of luck with the surgery! Huggers, Derrick
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/05 12:13 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Another thing to consider adding to your pantry is a couple bottle of sugar-free flavored syrups. I used them to flavor my vanillla protein shakes. But they are also great in steamed (or just warmed) milk, as substitutes in recipes, etc. I love SF coconut with Walden Farms sugar-free chocolate syrup (which has no calories, seriously). It makes a great German Chocolate concoction. SF Vanilla is a great basic to have on hand, too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views