potential gf??

elliegb
on 12/15/05 3:16 pm - Atlantic Beach, NY
hey all! i had surgery back in september, and i'm 60 lbs!!! wahoo!! anyway, my question is really related to this woman i've been getting to know. we've met once, in-person, at a concert we went to with mutual friends. we got to talking and hung-out a bit afterwards with friends. she seemed very nice, like someone i'd like to get to know...however, shortly thereafter, i graduated from grad school and moved down south. i hadn't been gone more than two weeks, fell, had to come back to NY for surgery, and here i am! so, i found her on friendster.com through our mutual friend's homepage. we began emailing in july, and have been ever since! somedays we email multiple times, and our conversations have been great. once or twice i was going to visit her in the town of my alma mater, but plans just didn't work out. we also both confessed to having phone anxiety, and have not spoken on the phone ONCE! eek! she is coming the nyc area for new year's and wants to get together! my question is this: is she interested in me? would she write this many emails to gain a new friend? i'm definitely going to hang-out with her over the holiday, and see how things go! from our emailing, she seems fantastic! what do you think?!!!!
Susane P.
on 12/15/05 9:04 pm - Bear, DE
Hey there! How about a stranger weighing in? I think that no matter what you may hope happens in the future, what you really want is a good friend anyhow...so go into it aiming for that and anything else will be an extra bonus! Friendship is the basis for any successful relationship, right? So invest the time as a friend and maybe you'll both get lucky! Besides, that way, no extra "pressure"...you just get to enjoy each other's company face to face w/o having to worry about "date protocall" Best wishes! -S
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/05 9:47 pm - Milwaukee, WI
First, congrats on the great weightloss!. Second, I bet you'll know if this is woman is GF material once you meet her. So don't go in with any expectations. See what happens and ENJOY every second together!
elliegb
on 12/16/05 6:08 am - Atlantic Beach, NY
thanks guys! i think you're right i'll just enjoy my time and see how things go.
Rosa
on 12/16/05 9:45 am - Milton, DE
The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself. Be honest and open and smile that pretty smile of yours. What will be will be. Sounds like you two have a good start already. Let us know what happens! Rosa
elliegb
on 12/18/05 5:24 pm - Atlantic Beach, NY
THanks Rosa! I appreciate your input, and that winking smiley face, lol.
kizie23
on 12/16/05 11:48 am - blacksburg, VA
Ellie, I think the main thing is to have fun. I would also just take it slow one day at a time. If she is G/F material, I am sure that you will know soon. It seems like you may really like this girl, and for that sake I hope things work out for you. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views