Help

kizie23
on 12/14/05 2:14 pm - blacksburg, VA
I am so upset. I am starting to get sick. I have heard all kinds of nasty things, like for instance if I am sick I will not be able to have surgery. Could someone please tell me if that is true. I am planing to go to the doctor at some point today (since its already Thursday). I have a scratchy throat, I am sneezing. I really hope its only a sinus infection. This is what normally happens when I get a sinus infection. Any suggestions?? Melissa
DJWilliams
on 12/14/05 5:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yes it was true for me that I nearly had to postpone my surgery because I had a little bit of sinus infection. Luckily the medication cleared me up in time. I'm glad I was aware and made my Doc aware befare the surgery. I wouldn't have wanted to have breathing problems while under anesthesia. I hope that everything will be OK for you. Good Luck ! DJ
kizie23
on 12/15/05 12:17 am - blacksburg, VA
Dj, Thank you I was going to see my family doc today, but the weather here in VA has closed his office. My surgeon's office is two hours away. I will call them. Melissa
dross55
on 12/14/05 8:21 pm - Paoli, PA
Melissa, there is also Tamaflu if it is a virus. So seeing the doctor is the best way to approach this. Derrick
kizie23
on 12/15/05 12:18 am - blacksburg, VA
Derrick, Thank you, I had not thougth about Tamaflu. Melissa
Meltingman
on 12/14/05 9:58 pm - Malvern, PA
Melissa, Getting sick was also my biggest fear and sure enough I got a skin infection a few days before surgery. I went to the Doctor and got on some antibiotics and I was fine. Go see your PCP immediately. Chip
kizie23
on 12/15/05 12:19 am - blacksburg, VA
Chip, I was going to do that, but the weather here in VA has closed his office. I am going to call my surgeons office. Thanks, Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views