11 Days out and Counting

Merrickkitty
on 12/10/05 12:28 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Hi all, First I want to thank you all for your kindness and support! I have had wonderful people supporting me and praying for me through out the process! I am feeling pretty good, I have had a few rough times (gas...ewewew) and trying to get protein....every new post-op's story! But, honestly, i did not think that I would feel this good so soon. I did get advised by my surgeon that I have been doing too much, (as I had an incision that was leaking profusely for a couple of days,) and to not walk as much as I had been. So, I have been taking it easier the past two days. I am soooo glad I finished up the bulk of my christmas shopping and distribution before surgery! I think the only thing that is giving me a little heartache is making the bed and laundry, but my sister will be back on Friday for laundry, and I can handle an unmade bed for a few days. My quest next week is to see 5 movies. The movie theater is less than 1 mile away (door to door) so it will get me a little walk and entertainment at the same time. But what 5 movies to see? Any suggestions? Talk soon, Maureen
Rosa
on 12/10/05 1:50 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Maureen, Glad to hear you are feeling better and are recovering well. A couple of suggestions on movies...Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was EXCEPTIONAL!!! Rent was very good if you like musicals, and Narnia is also supposed to be excellent. Let us know which ones you saw and how you liked them. Keep up the good work and congratulations! One day I want to grow up to be just like you! Rosa
Cam L.
on 12/10/05 10:18 pm - Seattle, WA
Hey Maureen!!! I am soooo excited to hear that you are doing so darn well!!! You are my hero. I think you and I also have the same goal setting mindframe. My goal after the surgery is to walk about half a mile to Starbucks, have them blend a superfoods with some whey protien, and drink it while reading the New York Times. ::knock on wood:: I will be able to get that done. Here are my suggestions for movies. Please remember that I probably belong on the geeks and nerds message board. 1. Aeon Flux - sci fi futurama meets the Pretender, added bonus: Charlize Theron with super human powers and a skin tight outfit? Isn't that every lesbian's dream??? 2. The Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Waredrobe - Now I liked this because I have read the books and as a kid saw the british TV and animated renditions. And yes, some people don't like it because it is a loose parody to Christianity. However if you liked The Lord of the Rings but with much less language to follow and a devilishly evil witch you will love this! 3. Rent - It's a musical, it is oversimplified "gay in the 80's with my straight friends", and if you don't know what happens it might make you cry. I enjoyed it but it is worth seeing just to say you saw it... lol. 4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - but only if you have seen the others and/or read the books. Much darker than the previous ones, but what gay person can't relate with Harry? A muggle-born in a wizard's world??? I guess we don't have an exclusive market on being the outsiders. 5. Derailed - Jennifer Aniston as a "very bad little girl." Need I say more? 6. Pride and Prejudice - If you loved the classic novel, you will love seeing it on the big screen. Those are my suggestions!!!! Congrats again on doing so well!
sexysweetsweet69
on 12/10/05 11:41 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Maureen, I am glad that you are feeling better. Thats good that you are getting out. Me and my parnter went to the movie a couple weeks ago and saw DERAILED , it was really good for me. With Jennifer Aniston I have never seen her like that that is why it was a good movie. I am glad that you feel well enought to go to the movie. Take care of yourself.
Jessica D.
on 12/11/05 6:18 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey Maureen, Glad you're up and about, and feeling well enough to go movie hopping!!! All the suggestions in the previous posts sound like winners to me, so I hope you have a wonderful time next week and see 'em all!!! Be careful with that walking, though. We love that you're up and about, but no more leaking incision sites for you, Missy!!! Take care, Jessica
Meltingman
on 12/11/05 10:26 pm - Malvern, PA
Maureen, Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work. Enjoy your movies. Chip
& Then Some
on 12/16/05 7:37 am - in, FL
Maureen!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look GREAT!! Keep up your hard work!
Merrickkitty
on 12/16/05 8:20 am - EAST BAY, CA
Thanks, I look better now! Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views