4 days post op! whew! any VG'rs out there???

Sperandeo
on 12/9/05 10:45 am - Hayward, CA
Hey folks.. Gosh,, I am 4 days post op already,, and its been a strange week! Def feeling better, and off the pain killer juice now 2 days! The protein shakes are NASTY! really hard getting that stuff down.. everything in this stage is soooo sweet and sickening.. (artificially sweet that is) YUK! Dont miss the real sweet stuff, do have images of food in my head all week.. want this and want that.. but obviously I dont want to blow out a staple- so I wont do it. Had a taste of Tuna and thought I went to heaven.. Already losing alot of weight,, which I guess is "normal" 11/28 - 325lbs, 12/1 - 323lbs, 12/5 (surgery morning) - 317... This morning I was at 306! Thats 11 lbs just since Mondays surgery...( I guess my stomach weighed ALOT! ) NOT complaining.. just hope its not going too fast and I ll get sick or something.. Taking the vitamins etc.. Not many folks on here have had my surgery type.. "VG" or Vertical Gastrectomy- seems to be mostly out here in San Francisco area... and no where else. Think im alone on the Gay board here,, anyone have this done out there? Its not even listed as a WLS option on this board... go figure.... anyway.. thanks for listeing to my rants and raves here! Sal
Meltingman
on 12/9/05 7:44 pm - Malvern, PA
Sal, The quick weight loss the first few months is very normal (at least with RNY, not sure about VG). I lost 35 lbs in the first two weeks. I hated protein shakes as well. Try some of the ones not mixed with dairy. Isopure makes a few that are juice flavored. High protein without the thick milky taste. They sell them at GNC. Just be careful to get the onces with no sugar. I once picked up one with sugar and luckily read the back while in line to pay for it. Chip
Rosa
on 12/10/05 1:59 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Sal, So glad to hear you are feeling better and on the road to recovery. Keep up the good work!!! Rosa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views