I made it and im home!

Sperandeo
on 12/6/05 10:00 pm - Hayward, CA
Well? I actually went through with it,, had my doubts at the 11th hour. I think the worst was not being able to eat the day before.. I was so weak and hungry when I checked myself into the hospital. Went relatively quick- dont remember much of Monday- I was sleeping most of the time. All my labs came back normal yesterday- so they let me go home. That was fun... 1.5 hours in traffic in a bumpy suv-- My belly didnt like that. I am in some considerable pain- but the liq Vicodin helps. I guess I need to start on getting that protein in me. I dont feel that weak yet- energy seems to be somewhat less- but still pretty good. The gas bloating is NOT fun.. when does that all go away??? Ive been walking and walking and walking some more. I am dealing with the "what have I done" aspect to some degree. I hope that passes. Thanks for listening. Sal
Meltingman
on 12/7/05 1:27 am - Malvern, PA
Sal, Welcome home and to the losing side. The gas does suck BIG TIME. I hated that. It took me about five days to get rid of it. Since mine was an open surgery they put in a tube which I learned (into the 4th day) I could open to drain excess fluid and gas from my old stomach. When I opened it for the first time it exploded out with lots of force but I got instant relief from the pressure. The nurse was supposed to have told me about the release but failed to (ahhhh thanks!!!). The pain subsides in a few days. Keep up the walking that is so important. I'm glad you're back! Chip
special kay
on 12/7/05 2:49 am - Ladson, SC
Hi Sal WELCOME HOME!!! Hang in there and Keep up updated on your progress. Kay
Erin C.
on 12/7/05 3:03 am - Toledo, OH
Glad to hear you made it home. Just take things one day at a time.
dross55
on 12/7/05 3:27 am - Paoli, PA
Hi Sal, Welcome back.... now the real work begins! Chris is right the walking is best to help move the gas out. I have not had the bypass done but had bowel resection done a few years back so I'm more than familiar with what that part feels like. Derrick
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/05 7:56 am
Hi Sal! Hang in there, it gets a little better every day. ((Hugs)) Jaimee
Rosa
on 12/7/05 11:28 am - Milton, DE
Hey Sal, Great to have you back. Congrats on the surgery. So happy to know you came out of it ok, and are back home safe. Take care and keep us up to date on your progress! Rosa
sexysweetsweet69
on 12/7/05 12:48 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Welcome home , and congrats for being a loser.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views