CAME HOME TODAY

aguilar
on 12/2/05 10:21 am - Keller, TX
Hi everyone, I was able to come home from the hospital today. I am 2 days post-op and I weigh more now then I did after my 2 week liquid diet. My stomach is bigger then ever PLEASE tell me this is normal. I haven't heard anyone talk about their weight right after they went home and the Dr. said it was normal but I am so depressed over this. If it is gas as the Dr. says when will it go away? My wounds look great and I am walking all the time partly because it feels better to stand then to sit or lay down. Any and all post-op advice would really be great! Thanks and it's good to be back to the board. I tolerated pureed foods all day so I guess that's a good thing.Any and all post-op advice would really be great!
jeanette
on 12/2/05 1:03 pm - so cal, CA
Hi Lyn Im sorry I cant help you out as I am pre op but just want to wish you a speedy recovery !!! Welcome to the losers side Cant wait to join! ~~**jeanette**~~
Merrickkitty
on 12/3/05 1:13 am - EAST BAY, CA
Lyn, This is VERY common. I feel like a blimp, but I am not discouraged as I know it is only temporary. I have heard it takes several days to two weeks to get rid of the gas. Drink ho****er, walk, and video games helped me...(haha) Maureen
Meltingman
on 12/3/05 5:35 pm - Malvern, PA
Lyn, Welcome to the other side! The bloated gasy feeling was the worst part for me. It WILL pass (literally). It took me about 5 days to finally get it out. The weight will then fall off. I only had to do the liquid diet for two days before my surgery so I didn't gain weight but have heard plenty of people say they did. Very soon the scale will begin to move down. Chip
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views