Hello, It's Me!

Merrickkitty
on 12/1/05 12:54 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Well, I survived! I got home today, and have been snoozing off an on all day. I feel alright, just riddled with gas pains and a back ache. I haven't read all the posts, I will tomorrow, after a shower!!!! Thanks for all the support & prayers!! Maureen
Rosa
on 12/1/05 1:04 pm - Milton, DE
Hey Maureen! Welcome back!!! So glad you are home safe and sound and feeling alright. I've been praying for you. Tell me the truth, how painful is it really??? I am so scared, but can't wait for the time to come. Take good care of yourself girl. BIG HUGS, Rosa
Merrickkitty
on 12/3/05 1:03 am - EAST BAY, CA
Rosa, It is a bit painful, mostly twisting and getting rid of the gas they pump your abdominal cavity with. It's not unbearable, and the drugs are really REALLY good! It was not as bad as I anticipated and I feel better now than I thought I would this soon out. You'll do fine! Maureen
Meltingman
on 12/1/05 6:44 pm - Malvern, PA
Maureen!!!!!!!!! Welcome home and to the losing side of things. The gas will pass in a few days. It is so darn uncomfortable. Keep your chin up. The next few days will at times be hell but it gets better very soon and before you know it you'll be feeling GREAT. Walk walk walk and drink your water!!! Chip
Erin C.
on 12/1/05 6:50 pm - Toledo, OH
Glad to see you are home. Just take things one day at a time and all will be well. Take care erin
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/05 7:48 pm - Milwaukee, WI
You made it! I had to knock a few heads together around here to keep everyone in line. But all in all, the boys were pretty good and the girls...well, you know! Glad to have you "home"!!! Jen
dross55
on 12/1/05 9:02 pm - Paoli, PA
Hi Maureen, I happy everything went well. You'll get past the post-op stuff fairly soon, heed Chip's advise, as an RN that is what I tell my patients all the time. To be sure, just being in those hospital beds will give you one heck of a back ach. Again, happy home coming... now to get started on the rest of your life! Gentle, soft hug..... Derrick
chubbychub
on 12/2/05 1:12 am - camp hill, PA
I will say a prayer for quick recovery. Welcome home!
special kay
on 12/2/05 4:21 am - Ladson, SC
Hi Maureen Welcome Home!! I am so happy everything went well. Take Care and Keep us updated on your progress! Kay
ChaadMN
on 12/2/05 7:44 am - Otsego, MN
WELCOME HOME MAUREEN!!! As said by others, listen to Chip he knows what he is talking about. The more you walk the quicker the gas disappears. I am so happy to hear that you are home and on the road to recovery. The worst part is over!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views