Last Pre-op Testing

Merrickkitty
on 11/16/05 1:26 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Howdy, Well, if you are wondering if you will have to do more tests 2 weeks before surgery all you pre-op GLBT folks, the answer is yes! I had my last pre-op appointment with the surgeon this morning and my pre-admission appointment, which consisted of blood work, urinalasys (sp), chest x-ray, EKG, meeting with the RN, and then the pre-admitting nurse. I had not planned on all that I have been well prepared for everything else along the way, and I don't know why I didn't expect it, but there you go I was flashing the "girls" to a half a dozen medical professionals today! I weighed in 80# lighter than I started (by SOME miracle, as I was BAAAADDDD this weekend,) and the surgeon was pleased about that. Other than the Count Chocolula and double cheeseburgers (yes "s") I have been kind of moody...I am thinking this is normal so I am just riding the wave and not wearing to much black....say prayers to keep me away from the DT windows!!!! (Oh, yeah, and for a safe surgery and recovery...that would be really nice!) 12 days to go......:dance:dance Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/05 9:48 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I was pretty moody the couple of weeks before surgery. I was kind of nervous, anxious, excited, etc. and I had a lot of ups and downs. At least you don't have to do a liquid diet!!! I'm counting down with you!!!! Jen
mylilcalla
on 11/17/05 12:20 am - Bloomington, IN
Maureen, Way to go on the 80 lb loss! That is simply awesome! I was a ball of nerves in the last 2 weeks before surgery and my partner will agree that moody is an understatement for my behaivor then. I will be watching and sending all the good stuff your way that I can send! Take good care and keep us updated! Amy
special kay
on 11/17/05 5:10 am - Ladson, SC
Congrats on the 80 lb. weight loss. Thats Awesome. I was wondering what consisted of the last pre op testing so Thanks for sharing that info. I dont have a date yet but I'm getting closer. I'll be praying for you! Kay
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/05 9:25 am
Maureen, Wow, your almost there! And congratulations on the weight loss, that is awesome! Don't you just love all of the tests that you have to go through? As soon as I thought I was done they scheduled an endoscopy. I was a real treat the week before surgery, beast city! Between that and the whininess (?spelling) after surgery, its a miracle that my girlfriend stuck around. Wishing you a fast and speedy recovery. Jaimee
daisymae
on 11/17/05 10:39 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Maureen, 80 freakin' pounds!!! WOW!!! That's AMAZING!!! I am sooo proud of you!! You are on your way to a great start. Keep up the good work. Once in a while a slip is ok, we just can't let that slip define us. I have noticed that I go from moodiness about not being able to use food as my buddy to great excitement at the thought of something new and positive happenning in my life. I think these feelings are totally normal and the way that our minds deal with such a drastic change. Keep the faith, baby!!! Carol
Rosa
on 11/17/05 11:30 am - Milton, DE
Howdy Back Maureen; Best wishes on your surgery. Got you in my prayers. Rosa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views