Date has changed

daisymae
on 11/16/05 12:28 pm - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Hi to Everyone! Well, it turns out that my surgeon has a meeting that she cannot get out of on Dec. 8th, so my surgery has been changed to December 29th. I am OK with this because: 1) I will be able to spend my son's birthday with him. 2) It will give me more time to lose some belly fat and decrease the size of my liver. 3) I will have all the paperwork in on time (FMLA and disability forms). AND...OH YES... I CAN CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING!!!!!! Even with the change, I am so excited. Thanks to all of you who wrote such uplifting and encouraging words to me. I appreciate all of you and your friendship! Carol
Rosa
on 11/16/05 12:51 pm - Milton, DE
Hi Carol, Glad to hear you are feeling so positive about the change in your surgery date. Everything happens for a reason! Keep up the positive attitude. Rosa
Merrickkitty
on 11/16/05 1:29 pm - EAST BAY, CA
Well congrats?!?!? So you'll celebrate the new year with a new tum-tum....not a bad thing, and I should have an entire month of post-op experience under my tightening belt.....I will be a veritable post-op expert....ha ha ha... Get ya some Pumkin Pie.....I am going to....Load it up with the Cool Whip Baby!!! Maureen
mylilcalla
on 11/17/05 12:15 am - Bloomington, IN
Carol, Good to see that you are looking at this delay with a positive eye. My surgery got postponed a couple weeks before the date and I thought I would go completely out of my mind. Please keep us updated on your progress and take good care of yourself! Best, Amy
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/05 9:32 am
Now that's a good attitude! Everything really does happen for a reason! You can also have a Christmas cookie or two Jaimee
daisymae
on 11/17/05 10:32 am - Middletown, NY
Lap Band on 04/04/03 with
Thanks Everybody! Yes, I am feeling positive and like you guys, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Did I mention that my surgeon is on vacation for 2 weeks prior to my surgery??? She should be very well rested when she returns!! I have been watching what I eat(except for last night..went to a going away party for someone from work and had a beer and nachos and chips and quessadillas...well you get the picture! )and I am trying to keep to a low fat and at least reduced calorie diet. Oddly enough, I did not weigh myself prior to this. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. Anyway, thanks again and Maureen, I am looking forward to all the tips from "the expert post op"!! Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views