hi and anyone going to Chicago in July 2006?

sharlit
on 11/15/05 8:56 pm - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with
I don't often check in on this board because it seems like only a few people post and there can sometimes be days between posts and then I thought - well if I don't post then I'm just perpetuating the situation! So, here goes. This is me: I'm an Aussie - living in Melbourne I had lapband surgery in February 2005 I'm losing weight at a moderate rate which is fine - should break through the 200lb barrier any day now I lost my 19 year old kelpie/heeler cross in January which broke my heart I lost my 20 year old cat the year before that I left my 11 year relationship last year but am now in the arms of the most wonderful woman... I read speculative fiction and crime I am a tennis nut and intend to play tennis at the Gay Games in Chicago next year. I played in Sydney in 2002 and got through a couple of rounds. Anyone going to the Games?? ok - that should just about do it!! It would be great to see some more action on this board - I would really like to be sharing info/discussions with my rainbow family... ciao Charlotte
ruthdebra
on 11/16/05 1:02 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Charlotte, And welcome - I agree that we should have more posts. We (my partner Sherry and I) haven't decided about Chicago but it's a real possibility. Would love to see you play! I am so sorry about all of your losses - except, of course, for the poundage. And glad that you're in the arms of a wonderful woman. We still have our 13 year old cats and a 10 year old border collie/? big dog mix. My 14 year old grey cat disappeared when I was in the hospital. He wasn't in good health and we think he went off to die. Are you planning on doing any more touring of the US when you're here in July? I'm in S. CA and if we don't get to Chicago, would love to welcome you to the hot desert of CA. A lot of people have had break-ups and near break-ups around and because of or related to this surgery. It sure would be a good topic of conversation. I've been with my partner for over 14 years now and even though we are totally committed to each other I don't pretend that we don't have some stressful times. Right now things are going well. I'm an avid reader - mostly fiction. Just read "Women of the Silk" and loved it. In sisterhood and peace, Ruth
sharlit
on 11/16/05 10:49 am - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with
Hi Ruth I think the grand plan (at this stage anyway) is to fly into SF, then to Winnipeg (my partner will probably be playing at the folk music festival), then Chicago (she's got a couple of gigs there and I'm going to try and get through a few rounds of tennis) and then Seattle for a house concert and then Las Vegas simply because I have never been there and I want to go!! My partner, Judy, has been simply wonderful about the surgery. I had it in Perth and she flew across from Melbourne to be with me. Apparently I came out of theatre saying "I just want Judy, I just want Judy". I thought I was just thinking it..ooops. My previous partner was pretty full on about not liking my extra weight but Jude just says she loves me whether I'm fat or thin and I believe her. for the first time, I don't have to hide what I eat. I found the shorts I was wearing the day my former partner "fell" for me. I thought I was fat - my God I was skinny.... She really didn't like it when I put on weight, I didn't like her drinking, what can I say really.. Sometimes I think being thin or fat or whatever or being on a diet or having WLS is a bigger issue in the GLBT community - especially amongst the women who think that you are buying into a male or straight paradigm. Nah, I just don't want diabetes or a heart attack. Thanks for making me welcome.. Charlotte
Jessica D.
on 11/16/05 6:20 am - Edmonds, WA
Dear Charlotte, Lots and lots of changes going on in your life these past few years... You've done tremendously post-lapband surgery!! Excellent! I'm thrilled you found someone new to love; life is too short to go it alone! How often do you get to the states to play! I've spoken many times of going down under someday to visit...even to live. I've decided to move to Canada next year, but sometime after that, my free spirit may take me and my wife off to Australia!!! Glad you came to say HI! This board stays pretty active, actually. The people are wonderful and supportive, and I come here, near daily, and read or post. Take care and come back and chat with us soon! Jessica
sharlit
on 11/16/05 10:52 am - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with
Thanks - think I'll come visit again soon. ciao Charlotte
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/05 9:37 am
Hi Charlotter, My partner and I are planning on going! Chicago is only 70-90 minute drive for us so it would be silly to not go. Keep in touch! Jaimee
sharlit
on 11/17/05 11:20 am - Northcote, Australia
VSG on 09/17/14 with
You gotta go!! I went to Amsterdam and Sydney. In Amsterdam - I weighed about 200lbs - I entered the 10km run which is part of the marathon. People would come up to me and say things like "Oh, so you're singing in the ch... you're doing the marathon????" And if was feeling particularly evil I would simply say yes! I played tennis in Sydney - doubles with my now ex-partner. Note to self: NEVER play doubles with your partner! It's an incredible experience to be part of such a huge crowd of gay men and lesbians etc. One of our high court judges, Justice Michael Kirby, gave the opening speech. The high court is the equivalent of your supreme court and Justice Kirby is an openly gay judge - he just took my breath away. I really admire that man. My partner is doing a gig at a folk club the night before the opening ceremony in Woodstock. Is that anywhere near you? ciao Charlotte
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1004 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views